• 2,260,682 Discussions
  • 7,897,041 Comments

Discussions

TEMPLATE or PERWSFPE

HST
HST Member Posts: 161
edited Oct 17, 2009 11:02PM in Forms
Hi,

I am trying to customize a form in the E-Business Suite that is very similar to the "People Folder" function. I read most of the Oracle Applications Developer's Guide
as well as the user interface standard.

i have no problem attaching libraries, applying property classes and register the form in the apps. I am wondering whether it is better to start from a TEMPLATE.fmb or PERWSFPE.fmb " the people folder form" as a starting template and change the required?!

If I should start with the template form, should i copy the prompt from the PERWSFPE??!
If any one could give me the starting point, which triggers/object library should I alter in both cases and how to develop such form with the same functionality as the people folder , i will really appreciate that

Thanks a lot!
Tagged:

Answers

• CraigB
    CraigB Member Posts: 5,746
    Open the PERWSFPE and see how complicated the form is. I've opened numerous Oracle EBS forms and found they are typically over complicated and difficult to trace through. Maybe this form will not be so complicated. If it is not that complicated, it might* be easier to start here then build your Form from the TEMPLATE.fmb.

Also, you might want to post your question in the [EBS General Discussion | http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=475] instead of here. This is the stand-alone Forms forum and you will likely get a better answer in the EBS forum.

Hope this helps.
    Craig...

If my response or the response of another was helpful, please mark it accordingly
  • HST
    Thanks a lot..
    I will post it there for more details :)
  • HST
    edited Oct 17, 2009 7:28AM
    Hi

I am having a problem viewing my form.. everything seems to be fine.
    i have a content canvas and a stacked one. when i open the layout of the stacked "which contains all my data" it is shown normal. my content canvas should view the data in the stacked one... but there is nothing. my content canvas is almost empty and i can not see my stacked canvas there!!

HOW CAN I PUT MY STACKED CANVAS on top/stacked to my content canvas?!

one more thing, when i run the form in the oracle application i got an error, no data found!!
    ORA-01403: no data found

--------------------------------------------------------------
    FRM-40735: WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-06502.

any advice?!

Thanks a lot!

Edited by: HST on Oct 17, 2009 4:27 AM

Edited by: HST on Oct 17, 2009 4:28 AM
  • CraigB
    CraigB Member Posts: 5,746
    HST,
    The easiest way to display a Stacked Canvas is to open your content canvas, click the "Stacked Canvas" button and draw the stacked canvas on your content canvas. You can create it in the Object Navigator, but there is more work; ie., you have to manually set the x/y coordinates of the stacked canvas and code the Show_View(') built-in in a trigger (typically a When-New-Form-Instance, When-Window-Activated, etc.,)

As to the error, "FRM-40735: WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-06502." Do you get this error when you run the form on your workstation? If so, this is caused by the call to the Apps Standard procedures. You can work-around these calls by adding the following code your standard triggers:
    DECLARE
    	UI_type	VARCHAR2(15);
    BEGIN
    	UI_type := get_application_property(USER_INTERFACE);

IF UI_type = 'WEB' THEN 
    		APP_STANDARD.EVENT('WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE');
    	END IF;
    END;
    Also, depending on the version of EBS you're using, you may have to set the Org Context in order to run the form from your workstation. I believe in 11.5.10 EBS implemented Virtual Private Database technology so you a user will only see data they are configured to see (Don't quote me on this, as it has been a year or two since I worked with EBS). If this is how you're setup, then this would cause the 1403 No Data Found error.

Hope this helps.
    Craig...
This discussion has been closed.