• 3,826,625 Users
  • 2,260,682 Discussions
  • 7,897,041 Comments

Discussions

template / html header

728493 Member Posts: 4
edited Nov 19, 2009 11:24PM in APEX Discussions
Hi evryone,

I have a question about the #HEAD# substitution string in the templates. I am currently having problems in a case where there is existing javascript in the html header when an error page is loaded to catch an error.

Example :
In the page, in the HTML header, a javascript function on document ready set the cursor position on the interactive report on the page. If an error happens on this page and the error page i created loads, it gives an error because it cannot find the interactive report item, because its the error page and not the real

The problem is that when i include the #HEAD#, i get the html header of the page which i want to exclude in the error page case.
And if i dont incluse the #HEAD#, the apex libraries are not included in the page, and thats problematic.

Is there a workaround for this other than hardcoding the apex javascript libraries inclusion?
Like a substituion string which does not include the html header but includes the libraries ?

Thank you for your help

Fred
Tagged:

Answers

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,763 Silver Crown
    Hi,

Copy your page template and modify it for your needs
    Then go

Home>Application Builder>Application xxx>Shared Components>Themes>Edit Theme
    And set error page template there as your new modified theme

Br, JAri
    728493 Member Posts: 4
    edited Nov 19, 2009 12:15PM
    Im not sure you understood what i meant,

The template is already set as the theme error page.

The problem is that i dont want to include the HTML HEALER of the page (page attribute) when the error page template loads.

Edited by: Rangrid on Nov 19, 2009 9:12 AM

Edited by: Rangrid on Nov 19, 2009 9:15 AM
  • jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,763 Silver Crown
    edited Nov 19, 2009 11:24PM
    Hi,

Ok, sorry.
    I thought that if you copy template to new name, remove #HEAD# from copy and use that copied template to your error page, would fix your problem.
    That way you have different template to normal page and error page.

It may that I do not still understand, =)
    Sorry

Br, Jari

Edited by: jarola on Nov 20, 2009 6:23 AM
This discussion has been closed.