• 2,266,687 Discussions
  • 7,911,732 Comments

Discussions

error while running a page which contains a region

user8696578
user8696578 Member Posts: 483
edited Jul 24, 2013 2:43AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi ADF Experts,

I am having a jsff page fragment. The fragment has panelbox(with some content and button) and a panel group layout(which contains a region).

On click of the button the panelbox is disclosed to false and the region is to be rendered.

But on page load I am getting the below exception. Earlier the page was coming fine. After dragging the region I am getting this error.

Hierarchy is as below:-

<af:panelBox text="Search Filters" id="pb1" type="stretch"

inlineStyle="width:inherit; height:inherit;"

binding="#{pageFlowScope.TreeModel.searchFilterPanelBox}"

partialTriggers="cb3">

<af:commandButton text="Search" id="cb3" partialSubmit="true"

actionListener="#{pageFlowScope.TreeModel.searchorderProposal}"/>

</af:panelBox>

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl15" layout="scroll" binding="#{pageFlowScope.TreeModel.searchResultsDisplay}" rendered="false"

partialTriggers="cb3">

<af:region value="#{bindings.BTFSearchResults1.regionModel}" id="r1"/>

</af:panelGroupLayout>

The region contains

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl1" layout="scroll">

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl16" inlineStyle="width:1239px; height:inherit;"

layout="horizontal">

<!--some content-->

</af:panelGrouplayout>

onclick of the button the region is rendered as true and the disclosure of the panel box im setting as false.

But after adding the region im getting below error.

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: MDS-01500: The MDSObject /orderproposals.jsff is an XML document and cannot be loaded using StreamedObject API.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,913 Red Diamond

I'm not sure about this but using rendered is always a problem if you want to show show the element during a ppr (which is what you do AFAIK). Once a component has rendered='false' is removed from the component tree and can't be put back in there without a full page refresh.

Try using the visible property instead or use an af:switcher component.

Timo

• user8696578
    user8696578 Member Posts: 483

Hi Timo. Yes you are correct. With visible property its working fine. We need to set the visible propert initially like #{pageFlowScope.var} and based on the actionListener we can set the value as true. So it works.

This discussion has been closed.