• 3,827,763 Users
  • 2,260,818 Discussions
  • 7,897,369 Comments

Discussions

How to change the JDBC driver?

915091 Member Posts: 171
edited Jul 17, 2013 7:21AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello,

we're working with the JDev 11.1.2.3.0 and since the new 12c driver is released we wanted to create a POC with some of the new features of the 12c JDBC driver. However, when i replace the jdbc driver in the path ../middleware/welsserver_10.3/server/lib of the Integrated Weblogic with the new one. I can not connect with the database anymore in the JDeveloper. I get an error like NoSuchFieldError in o.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection:1318 or Test failed: thinJndiLdapConnectTimeout when I test the connection settings.

So I assume it's not enought to just change the jar in this directory. What else do I have to do so that I could test some of the new feature?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,462 Red Diamond

I'm not sure that you changed the drivers in the right directory. When I search for jdbc jars I find them in [installpath]\oracle_common\modules\oracle.jdbc_11.1.1\

Timo

TimoHahn schrieb:

I'm not sure that you changed the drivers in the right directory. When I search for jdbc jars I find them in [installpath]\oracle_common\modules\oracle.jdbc_11.1.1\

Timo

According to this Using JDBC Drivers with WebLogic Server - 12c Release 1 (12.1.1) the directory should be WL_HOME\server\lib, or is the directory for the JDev?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,462 Red Diamond

You are mixing versions here. JDev 11.1.2.3.0 runs on wls 10.3.5 or 10.3.6 and nit on WLS12c!

The you need to be clear about where you want to do your tests: jdev (integrated wls) or stand alone wls

Depending on the answers to your questions you choose the directory fro your new jdbc drivers.

Timo

TimoHahn schrieb:

Timo

When I replace the driver in that directory. I got the same error.

This discussion has been closed.