Forum Stats

• 3,815,712 Users
  • 2,259,070 Discussions
  • 7,893,213 Comments

Discussions

ORA-01017 with Managed Provider 4.112.3.60. Bug with ODP on Win 2008 R2?

Answers

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 3,058 Employee

Can you try setting "none" in your sqlnet.authentication_services in sqlnet.ora?

• Lannie Liberty
    Lannie Liberty Member Posts: 224 Blue Ribbon

Today's test 26 May

Compile x64

Sqlnet.authentication_services set to NONE

Recompile AnyCPU

sqlnet.authentication_services set to NONE

sqlnet.authentication_services set to NTS

ALL three tests Returned same exception handler and ODAC trace information that we saw in yesterday's test

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will the XCOPY 12cR1 ODAC MANAGED driver

be the same as the BETA 11g .60?

Or is it later version?

You mentioned XCOPY 12c ODAC MANAGED driver will be out soon.

• Alex Keh-Oracle

Will the XCOPY 12cR1 ODAC MANAGED driver be the same as the BETA 11g .60? Or is it later version?

It's a later version. Additional features have been added, such as LDAP support, and bug fixes were made based on Beta 2 feedback.

• Lannie Liberty

My next test will be with 12cR1 ODAC managed driver unless your staff has additional tests based on all the logs sent your way and todays authentication and bitness testing.

• Lannie Liberty

Tried the latest version ODAC MANAGED driver from Oracle 12cR1 Client x64 bit installer.

Same trace file and exception errors.

So I guess you will be calling me sometime.

• Lannie Liberty

Does the Oracle Client built into the MANAGED driver dll have any limitations??

The SQL statement in the test app is a simple call to get list of table names for parameter "owner"

SELECT table_name FROM all_tables WHERE owner = {bind var colon symbol}owner

not privilege issue as the sql statement runs from SQLPlus

nor ODP.NET parameter, cmd, open issue as the sql statement runs via Unmanaged R4 driver using full Client 11g203.

But the MANAGED driver uses its own client within the DLL (I presume similar to instant client),

and it may have limitations I am not aware of (at least from reading OPD.NET Guide)

• Alex Keh-Oracle

All known limitations are documented in the ODP.NET Developer's Guide and README. Managed ODP.NET does not implement every feature in umanaged ODP.NET. We tried to implement the major features and keep performance comparable so that the great majority of existing unmanaged ODP.NET users could seamlessly switch to managed if they would like to. Over time, the goal is feature parity between the two providers.

What error did you receive?

• Lannie Liberty

Same error reported above in trace and log files.

• I just tried the managed provider that comes with 12c client install and am able to reproduce this behavior also.

My dev machine is Windows 7 32bit and a console application doing nothing but opening a connection to a database with a hardcoded connection string, and it opens and closes the connection successfully.

Our development test server is on Windows Server 2008 R2 and that same console application with the same connection string and the same version of the managed ODP.NET yeilds the following error when opening the connection: "OracleException (0x3f9): ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied"

1031481 Member Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

I think I know what's going on here. It looks like the AES algorithm is being used to encrypt the password while connecting to the database. The AES implementation in .NET is NOT FIPS compliant which causes problems in the public sector (I noticed you were in the government, as am I). The only way I was able to get around this issue was to turn off FIPS Policy enforcement (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh202806.aspx.) The joys of security...

Nelson Rothermeluser2284427
This discussion has been closed.