• 3,872,065 Users
  • 2,266,376 Discussions
  • 7,911,043 Comments

Discussions

modifying region attributes....

Richard Legge
Richard Legge Member Posts: 514 Silver Badge
edited May 12, 2014 9:22AM in APEX Discussions

Hi all, this mornings question.. please let it be a nice simple answer...

Im using APEX 4.2, and have switch to theme 15. simple blue.

Ive got a menu list on the left hand side. so it needs to sit in region 2. its designated as a sidebar region.   I'm trying to use the sidebar template so that I get a menu header and a border... However region 2 on this theme has a blue background... and also has a header and footer area / image.

So my sidebar region looks odd inside it.

From my research, I should be able to override the region template to remove this header / footer / background colour and associated attributes, leaving me with a nice sidebar menu... Ive don lots of research, and think I should be referencing the region class in the definition of my menu??? but dont seem to be able to get it right..

Please could somebody help

many thanks

Richard

Tagged:

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,432 Red Diamond
    Richard Legge wrote:

Hi all, this mornings question.. please let it be a nice simple answer...

Im using APEX 4.2, and have switch to theme 15. simple blue.

Ive got a menu list on the left hand side. so it needs to sit in region 2. its designated as a sidebar region.   I'm trying to use the sidebar template so that I get a menu header and a border... However region 2 on this theme has a blue background... and also has a header and footer area / image.

So my sidebar region looks odd inside it.

From my research, I should be able to override the region template to remove this header / footer / background colour and associated attributes, leaving me with a nice sidebar menu... Ive don lots of research, and think I should be referencing the region class in the definition of my menu??? but dont seem to be able to get it right..

Please could somebody help

Somebody would be able to help more quickly and effectively if they had an example on apex.oracle.com to refer to...

However, if you're using 4.2 and not supporting legacy (IE6/7) browsers I would recommend not using theme 15, nor any of the other legacy quirks mode themes (marked with a "*"). You'll find it much easier to work with—and get support for—the more modern standards-based themes.

• Richard Legge

Have I missed something then, as Ive only got two standard themes.. 23 (uniframe) and 26 (productivity Apps).. It doesn't give me much to work with... are there others available?

Thanks

Richard

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,432 Red Diamond
    Richard Legge wrote:

Have I missed something then, as Ive only got two standard themes.. 23 (uniframe) and 26 (productivity Apps).. It doesn't give me much to work with... are there others available?

You must have some of the "Standard" themes already installed in the app.

When you go through the Create Theme wizard, on the Identify Theme page, select All Themes from the Theme Type select list, and use any of them except those marked with a "*": 8, 10, 11, 13 (which is not marked but should be), 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, and 20.

All of the other themes (regardless of their 4.2 labelling as "Standard" or "Legacy") contain a DOCTYPE declaration that will trigger standards mode in browsers.

• Richard Legge

ahh.  Thanks. Yes, forgot that if Id already imported them, they dont show up on the list.. many thanks

This discussion has been closed.