• 3,874,152 Users
  • 2,266,674 Discussions
  • 7,911,744 Comments

Discussions

Problems with layout on Theme 25 on Show/Hide Region

Richard Legge
Richard Legge Member Posts: 514 Silver Badge
edited Jun 2, 2014 4:18AM in APEX Discussions

Hi All, Ive hit another issue that hopefully someone can help with...

APEX 4.2.4 on XE.... Theme 25.

Ive reproduced this on apex.oracle.com  login as [email protected] password newpass  application 291 page 3.    (admin/admin is also set up as a un/pw)

I have a show hide region that Im using as a Query Selection region. It has a number of select boxes, and a couple of display only fields which have values returned into it.

I have them set out in a row, and after 3 items, I start a new line with the other 3 items....  i.e.

X     X     X

X     X     X

Except that with the region set to Show/Hide and the template set to no tabs, no sidebar I get.

X     X

X

X     X

X

If I change to the standard region It works OK, and If I change templates, it seems ok.  Ive tried all combinations of Columns, etc, but to no avail..  Im trying to work out whether Im missing something, or Ive hit a bug of some sort.. (almost certainly the former...)..

Many Thanks Indeed

Tagged:
Richard Legge

Best Answer

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,456 Red Diamond
    edited May 30, 2014 11:59AM Answer ✓
    Richard Legge wrote:

I have a show hide region that Im using as a Query Selection region. It has a number of select boxes, and a couple of display only fields which have values returned into it.

I have them set out in a row, and after 3 items, I start a new line with the other 3 items....  i.e.

X     X     X
    X     X     X

Except that with the region set to Show/Hide and the template set to no tabs, no sidebar I get.

X     X
    X
    X     X
    X

If I change to the standard region It works OK, and If I change templates, it seems ok.  Ive tried all combinations of Columns, etc, but to no avail..  Im trying to work out whether Im missing something, or Ive hit a bug of some sort.. (almost certainly the former...)..

The difference between the region templates is that the Standard Region has Display Points defined and the Show/Hide does not. These are mysterious properties that Oracle has not yet bothered to document. Their ommission from this template is indeed likely to be a bug.

Create a copy of the Show/Hide region template and add a display point for the region body (contents):

Name: Region Body

Template Substitution: BODY

Grid Support: Checked

Maximum Fixed Grid Columns: -1

Use the new Show/Hide template for the Query Selection region.

Richard Legge

Answers

• fac586
    Richard Legge wrote:

Ive reproduced this on apex.oracle.com  login as [email protected] password newpass  application 291 page 3.    (admin/admin is also set up as a un/pw)

We also need the workspace name. Also recommend you set up a guest developer account without workspace admin rights and keep the admin credentials to yourself...

• Richard Legge

ahh.  workspace name is VRS..   will do..

• fac586
    edited May 30, 2014 11:59AM Answer ✓
    Richard Legge wrote:

X     X     X
    X     X     X

X     X
    X
    X     X
    X

The difference between the region templates is that the Standard Region has Display Points defined and the Show/Hide does not. These are mysterious properties that Oracle has not yet bothered to document. Their ommission from this template is indeed likely to be a bug.

Create a copy of the Show/Hide region template and add a display point for the region body (contents):

Name: Region Body

Template Substitution: BODY

Grid Support: Checked

Maximum Fixed Grid Columns: -1

Use the new Show/Hide template for the Query Selection region.

Richard Legge
  • Richard Legge

that fixed it. many thanks.

R

This discussion has been closed.