• 7,905,972 Comments

Discussions

"Turning Wheel" when accessing something

13»

Answers

• Brian Jeffries-Oracle
    Brian Jeffries-Oracle Member Posts: 227 Employee
    edited Mar 17, 2015 12:35PM

Nice catch. It was drawing a single frame of the busy animation when the timer ran out even if the task was finished. It won't be doing that any more. -Brian.

thatJeffSmith-OracleArpod
  • Arpod
    Arpod Member Posts: 115
    edited Mar 17, 2015 2:54PM

Oh, that's cool. At least, no flickering! Were the increased delays (see previous post) also due to that? Can I get a patched .jar to test it out before release, as an exception? =)

2752746 Member Posts: 5
    edited Apr 1, 2015 9:57PM

Ok so I've been using EA2 for a few weeks now and my conclusion is that I absolutely need to disable this feature.  It pops when it shouldn't, sometimes for a fraction of a second. Also, it makes SQL Developer unusable in terminal server, since it's very graphic/bandwidth intensive (this is my biggest beef).

Will we be able to disable it in the final release ? If not we will have to keep the devs on 4.0 or switch them back to our previous tool.

Except for that, we really like this version though, so keep up the good work !

Thanks !

bigjim_
  • Arpod
    Arpod Member Posts: 115
    edited May 20, 2015 3:31AM

Ok, 4.1.0 fixed at least one thing: it doesn't flicker anymore. That said, I still don't understand how is it that "UI is inaccessible" yet it's possible to fully interact with the editor UI using keyboard, even while busy indicator is on. Are you absolutely sure that showing busy indicator on and off doesn't take MORE time than actual task sql developer is performing? Because it really feels like that, currently. Like the indicator is required to stay on for at least one second, even if the task is already finished.

Actually, like @2752746, I still want an option to disable it.

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 8,777 Employee
    edited May 20, 2015 9:06AM

please start your own new thread, provide a test case

This discussion has been closed.