Forum Stats

• 3,726,973 Users
  • 2,245,299 Discussions
  • 7,852,514 Comments

Discussions

Best book to get an overview of OBIEE 11g?

I'm new user of Oracle BIEE. Just looking for some suggestions on which books I can buy to get a basic overview on OBIEE 11g. How to build queries?  How to use union tables? SQL Statements, etc?

rmoff

Answers

• Unknown
    edited February 2016

I suggest you start with this link

http://mediasmarts.ca/tipsheet/how-search-internet-effectively

Search Engines

Internet search sites can search enormous databases of Web pages, using titles, keywords or text. You can maximize the potential of search engines by learning how they work, and how to use them quickly and effectively.
    The challenge is to ask your question the right way, so that you don’t end up overwhelmed with too many search results, underwhelmed with too few, or simply unable to locate the material that you need. As with most skills, practice makes perfect!

Getting Started

Before doing a search, it’s important to define your topic as completely and succinctly as possible. Write down exactly what information you’re looking for, why you’re looking for it, and what you’re not looking for. This will help you to discover the best keywords for your search.

The MOST important skill you can learn is how to find information for yourself.

Read through that url and you will learn the basics of how to use a search engine and find information.

Then try a search like 'oracle obiee docs' - that SIMPLE 3 word phrase will return this link on the FIRST PAGE!

Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Documentation Library

That is the Oracle documentation for the functionality you ask about. It covers ALL of the  topics you are interested in.

Then if you have specific questions about the doc or functionality use your search engine again and search for forums appropriate for that topic.

I took the liberty of doing another simple search for you and, lo and behold, there is an Oracle forum dedicated exclusively for that functionality.

Try some searches yourself. It can be intimidating at first but you will find yourself getting better and better the more you practice.

Good luck!

rmoff
  • rmoff
    rmoff Member Posts: 2,511
    edited February 2016

I'd second what @rp0428 said about searching.

As for a specific recommendation, this book is very good:  Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Developers Guide

Disclaimer: I work for the author ;-)

This discussion has been closed.