• 3,874,989 Users
  • 2,266,791 Discussions
  • 7,912,045 Comments

Discussions

How to hide the "Edit Pivot" box in interactive report with pivot

Peter de Vaal
Peter de Vaal Member Posts: 174 Bronze Badge
edited Jun 22, 2016 10:25AM in APEX Discussions

I have several interactive reports with a pivot layout (APEX 5.0).

I do not want users to select the non-pivotted layout or edit the pivot. Hence the Edit Pivot box, and the icon for the default layout must be hidden.

How can I do this (preferably declarative, no custom javascript)?

Tagged:

Answers

• Bharat G
    Bharat G Member Posts: 490 Bronze Badge
    edited Jun 22, 2016 6:15AM

Hi Peter,

Have you tried Disabling the Search Bar Property to No if we don't need the entire bar in the Report Attributes section ?

Regards,

Bharat

• DLittleAggie95
    DLittleAggie95 Member Posts: 10 Red Ribbon
    edited Jun 22, 2016 7:18AM

You can try a couple of things and the syntax may be a little different depending upon your theme.  The Edit Pivot is just part of an unordered list.  You could hide the whole list with css but that could be more than you are looking for.  You could hide the specific <li> entry for the Edit Pivot but if that is the only entry then you would have a visible collapsable image displayed.  I suggest doing an inspect in the Edit Pivot and playing with css to hide via a class.  The other option might be to set your pivot table and then go back into the IR and remove the pivot option.  Not sure if that will work, as it could make the pivot report unavailable.

Hiding the regular view button will almost certainly require custom js that could be put into a dynamic action on page load.  You will need to find the span where the non-pivot icon is used and then hide the parent button.

Good Luck,

David

• Peter de Vaal
    Peter de Vaal Member Posts: 174 Bronze Badge
    edited Jun 22, 2016 10:25AM

Thanks David,

I have indeed tried to disable the pivot option in the builder, but then the pivot is not available anymore.

I guess I have to try it with a dynamic action and javascript/css anyway. I am going to give it a try.

It would be a very nice option if in a future release the pivotted IR can be saved and then be set as the only report layout for end users.

Peter

This discussion has been closed.