• 2,260,414 Discussions
  • 7,896,306 Comments

Discussions

Issues with SkillBuilders Modal Page 2.0.0 and APEX 5.0.4.00.12

Erick Diaz
Erick Diaz Member Posts: 237 Silver Badge
edited Oct 6, 2016 10:17AM in APEX Discussions

Hi,

I exported an application from APEX 4.2.5.00.08 to 5.0.4.00.12 using Theme 24 – Cloudy, which heavily relies on the SkillBuilders Modal Page plug-in (Version 2.0.0). The problem I’m having is easily replicated on apex.oracle.com:

WORKSPACE: ED

USERNAME: TEST

PASSWORD: TEST

APPLICATION: 83933 - Theme 24 - SkillBuilders Modal Page Issue

On Chrome 53.0.2785.89 and Firefox 48.0.2, the plug-in seems to be working fine even though I can see the following error on the console:

Uncaught TypeError: r[0].style.removeAttribute is not a function     jquery.colorbox-min.js:4

My real concern is regarding Internet Explorer 11, which is the standard browser on the company. The first time I click on the button, a "broken" box opens up on the upper left corner of the screen and I see the following error on the console:

SCRIPT65535: Unexpected call to method or property access.     File: jquery-2.1.3.min.js, Line: 3, Column: 5660

After I click the button a second time, then the modal opens up correctly.

In addition to set "Embed in Frames" to "Allow" I had to set the "Include jQuery Migrate" option to "Yes" (under User Interface >> JavaScript), otherwise I would have to click the button three times to open the modal page and this additional message shows up on the console:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'live'     File: jquery.colorbox-min.js, Line: 4, Column: 2651

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you,

Erick

Ben WetherallScott Wesley

Best Answer

• Kofi
    Kofi Member Posts: 411 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 8, 2016 2:28PM Answer ✓

Hi Erick,

I just tried out your app.

I believe the issue is with jquery.colorbox-min.js. The latest version seems to work for me, but there's a difference between a single test and production readiness. Like Tony said, I'd contact the developers and see if they have a version that uses an updated version of jquery.colorbox-min.js or some other way to fix this. The plugin had version 1.3.19.

Cheers

Kofi

Erick Diaz

Answers

• Scott H.
    Scott H. Member Posts: 323 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 6, 2016 1:09PM

I had a similar issue with the skillbuilders modal page on IE.  the solution I came up with was to drop the plug-in and use the native modal page support in Apex5.  It's easier to implement as well, as Apex will know if it's a modal call verses a standard call and no need for a dynamic action.

• Erick Diaz
    edited Sep 6, 2016 2:44PM

Thank you Scott,

Eventually, the idea is to migrate all our applications to the Universal Theme and use the APEX 5 native modal dialog feature, but as of right now, I’m just trying to find a quick solution to this problem in order to upgrade all our APEX environments from 4.2 to 5.0 as soon as possible. Unfortunately, your suggestion will require a lot of time and effort considering the amount of applications and pages using this plug-in.

It surprises me that no one else has reported this issue before considering how popular the plug-in is and that APEX 5 it’s been out for more than a year.

Best regards,

Erick

• TexasApexDeveloper
    TexasApexDeveloper Member Posts: 7,924 Gold Crown
    edited Sep 6, 2016 3:11PM

Maybe you should contact the Skillbuilder folks directly?  It would be HIGHLY advisable for you to start looking at migrating your application<s> to use the more supported Universal Theme.  Don't know when but at some point I am guessing they will cut support for the older themes and focus on the universal theme..

Thank you,

Tony Miller

Los Alamos, NM

• Erick Diaz
    edited Sep 6, 2016 3:36PM

Hi Tony,

It would be HIGHLY advisable for you to start looking at migrating your application<s> to use the more supported Universal Theme.  Don't know when but at some point I am guessing they will cut support for the older themes and focus on the universal theme..

I completely agree with you, and it’s in our plan to upgrade all the applications to Universal Theme.

Maybe you should contact the Skillbuilder folks directly?

Here is what it says on their website (Free Oracle APEX Plug-Ins by SkillBuilders):

Support From the APEX Forum Please include the words "skillbuilders" and the name of the plugin in your post.

So I’m hoping someone from SkillBuilders will see this post .

Thank you,

Erick

• TexasApexDeveloper
    TexasApexDeveloper Member Posts: 7,924 Gold Crown
    edited Sep 6, 2016 4:20PM

Understood, but if it is URGENT, I would pickup the phone and call their 800 # and ask them NICELY for any suggestion..

Thank you,

Tony Miller

Los Alamos, NM

• Erick Diaz
    edited Sep 8, 2016 10:23AM

I just want to bump this thread back to the top and copy some SkillBuilders experts I know they monitor the forum frequently: @Greg Jarmiolowski @Dave SkillBuilders

Thank you,

Erick

• Kofi
    Kofi Member Posts: 411 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 8, 2016 2:28PM Answer ✓

Hi Erick,

I just tried out your app.

I believe the issue is with jquery.colorbox-min.js. The latest version seems to work for me, but there's a difference between a single test and production readiness. Like Tony said, I'd contact the developers and see if they have a version that uses an updated version of jquery.colorbox-min.js or some other way to fix this. The plugin had version 1.3.19.

Cheers

Kofi

Erick Diaz
  • Erick Diaz
    edited Sep 8, 2016 3:33PM

Hi Kofi,

Thank you for your comment, you made me realize something… Initially, when I was trying to solve my problem, I found this issue reported on the jQuery Colorbox plug-in (https://github.com/jackmoore/colorbox/issues/385) so I went ahead to download the "latest" version at https://plugins.jquery.com/colorbox/ which is 1.5.14 and it gave me all kind of errors.

Now I noticed the current project page for the plug-in is actually http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/ and the latest version is 1.6.4 (not 1.5.14).

I did a quick test and it seems to be working now (I don't see the error on the console). I will thoroughly test this and update this post with my findings.

Thanks again for pointing me out in the right direction.

Best regards,

Erick

Ben WetherallScott Wesley
  • Ben Wetherall
    Ben Wetherall Member Posts: 2
    edited Sep 9, 2016 9:02AM

That's awesome guys - thanks so much for sharing!

I just experienced exactly the same thing upgrading a client from APEX 4.0 to APEX 5.0.4 with an older application using Topaz + Skillbuilders Modal 2.0..

All was looking fine in Chrome but painfully not working in Internet Explorer 11..

Cheers,

Ben

• Erick Diaz
    edited Sep 12, 2016 4:26PM

Hi Ben (and others),

In case you are interested, I noticed that the new Colorbox uses a button tag instead of a div tag for the "X" that closes the modal; as well as, there is a vertical scrollbar showing up on the right side of the modal that wasn’t visible before. To fix those, I did the following:

On the parent page, I added the following Inline CSS to fix the close button:

#cboxClose {  border: none;}

On the modal page, I added the following Inline CSS to hide the vertical scrollbar:

html {  overflow-y: hidden !important;}

Everything else seems to be working as expected.

Thank you,

Erick

Ben WetherallBen WetherallScott Wesley
This discussion has been closed.