• 3,758,589 Users
  • 2,251,415 Discussions
  • 7,870,256 Comments

Discussions

Read-only access to a Schema?

Keegan_W
Keegan_W Member Posts: 179
edited Jul 5, 2017 10:43AM in APEX Discussions

Is there a way to set some or all Developers in a workspace so they can read (query) from a Schema but not write-to or manipulate in any way?

I found this property in User Management but I still want the User to be able to see all of the tables in the Schema via SQL Workshop; just not be able to write to it or drop tables/rows, etc:

Capture.PNG

Want I want:

- Developers in the workspace to have access to two Schemas (let's say Schema A and Schema B)

- Developers in the workspace can browse tables etc in both schemas via the SQL Workshop

- Developers can read/write etc to Schema A but only be able to read from Schema B (no table or data manipulation allowed).

Is this possible?

Using Oracle DB 11g, Apex 5.0.3

Thank you!

Tagged:
Keegan_W

Best Answer

• PMON
    PMON Member Posts: 1,260 Gold Trophy
    edited Apr 27, 2017 12:09PM Accepted Answer

Not possible by assigning available schemas.  However, what we do all the time is grant select from the read only schema objects to the available schema.  Then create views in the available schema to use in apex.  This should give you what you want.

Hope this helps

Keegan_WKeegan_W

Answers

• PMON
    PMON Member Posts: 1,260 Gold Trophy
    edited Apr 27, 2017 12:09PM Accepted Answer

Not possible by assigning available schemas.  However, what we do all the time is grant select from the read only schema objects to the available schema.  Then create views in the available schema to use in apex.  This should give you what you want.

Hope this helps

Keegan_WKeegan_W
This discussion has been closed.