• 3,759,869 Users
  • 2,251,608 Discussions
  • 7,870,847 Comments

Discussions

Installing schemas - starting to give up

3563056 Member Posts: 3
edited Oct 6, 2017 10:34AM in General Database Discussions

Hey,

I'm trying to install schemas with Oracle XE or Enterprise.

I managed to unlock HR user as it's installed with XE but no luck with other schemas. They're not in demo folder, I also tried to download them but when i start oe_main.sql it crashes on creating tables like customers saying something about wrong datatype

I did found information that with full installed all schemas are installed automaticly but sadly nothing like that happened to me :/

I refered to this doc: https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/COMSC/installation.htm#COMSC00005  but it was crashing like i said before. It's been almost a week strugle and i'm out of ideas. Could you please help

Tagged:

Answers

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,383 Red Diamond
    edited Oct 5, 2017 9:20AM

*** Moderator Note: Now moved to General Database space (I was in two minds whether to put it in installation, but I think this is the better for this question).  Please note that the "Community Feedback (No Product Questions)" space is exactly what it says in the title, a space for feeding back on the actual community and NOT a place to ask product related questions.  Please ensure you search for the correct product related space for your product questions in future.

• John Thorton
    John Thorton Member Posts: 14,493 Silver Crown
    edited Oct 5, 2017 9:20AM
  • Unknown
    edited Oct 5, 2017 9:23AM

For people to be able to help you'll need to post the exact error messages you're receiving and not 'something like'

• Mark D Powell
    Mark D Powell Member Posts: 5,914 Blue Diamond
    edited Oct 5, 2017 9:39AM

What full version of Oracle are you using?  Did you obtain the oe_main.sql script that matches the version of Oracle you have?

- -

Since as Rob noted you did not post the actual error message you are receiving I was unable to search Oracle support for known issues related to the error but perhaps the following will give you an idea

- -

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

edited Oct 5, 2017 10:09AM
    SP2-0310: unable to open file "C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server/demo/schema/order_entry/xdbSupport.sql"SP2-0310: unable to open file "C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server/demo/schema/order_entry/createUser.sql"Connected.Session altered.SP2-0310: unable to open file "C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server/demo/schema/order_entry/xdb03usg.sql"Connected.Revoke succeeded.Revoke succeeded.Revoke succeeded.DROP PACKAGE xdb.xdb_configuration*ERROR at line 1:ORA-04043: object XDB_CONFIGURATION does not existDROP PACKAGE xdb.xdb_namespaces*ERROR at line 1:ORA-04043: object XDB_NAMESPACES does not existDROP PACKAGE xdb.xdb_dom_helper*ERROR at line 1:ORA-04043: object XDB_DOM_HELPER does not existDROP PACKAGE xdb.xdb_utilities*ERROR at line 1:ORA-04043: object XDB_UTILITIES does not existDROP PACKAGE xdb.xdb_tools*ERROR at line 1:ORA-04043: object XDB_TOOLS does not existDROP TRIGGER xdb.no_dml_operations_allowed*ERROR at line 1:ORA-04080: trigger 'NO_DML_OPERATIONS_ALLOWED' does not existDROP VIEW    xdb.database_summary*ERROR at line 1:ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I removed all Oracle instances, installed XE version, unlocked HR and runned oe_main.sql from sqlplus logged as sysdba. It has created tables and views, and i'm attaching log from errors. Are they important for study?

Thanks!

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,484 Gold Crown
    edited Oct 5, 2017 10:16AM

Your log shows three messages of "unable to open file".  Show proof that those files exist.

• Mark D Powell
    Mark D Powell Member Posts: 5,914 Blue Diamond
    edited Oct 5, 2017 11:28AM

As Ed noted, why are the files that the routine needs unavailable?  Do you have the files located in the correct location and owned by the Oracle user?  Or at least accessible by the Oracle user?

- -

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

edited Oct 5, 2017 11:42AM

Well they're not there, but i didn't changed anything. Downloaded, copied to folder and run.

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,484 Gold Crown
    edited Oct 5, 2017 11:48AM
    74074185-0997-4dd4-b3eb-acbb19b40a1c wrote:Well they're not there, but i didn't changed anything. Downloaded, copied to folder and run.

Due to a warp in the time-space continuum (possibly a gravitational wave discovered by the recipients of this week's Nobel award in physics) I am unable to see over your shoulder to know exactly what you did.

Downloaded what?

Copied to what folder?

What did you run? from where? How?

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,573 Red Diamond
    edited Oct 6, 2017 1:50AM

Also, to add to Ed's comments - the What Downloaded? is important to answer. Oracle XE, as a free and no-cost version, does not have the full Oracle RDMS feature set. The XDB component for example is a limited install. There is no Java VM runtime. Etc.

The what downloaded will point to the Oracle feature set required, whether XE can be used, and how to correctly install it in XE, if at all.

This discussion has been closed.