Forum Stats

• 3,752,481 Users
  • 2,250,508 Discussions
  • 7,867,849 Comments

Discussions

Connecting v6 to 10g

Cldr
Cldr Member Posts: 22
edited Apr 15, 2018 2:40AM in Oracle Call Interface (OCI)

Hello Community,

I've been trying to find a solution for my issue to no avail. Currently in a project i'm at, the bridge from 10g to v6 is made with a dblink through 8i, Client refuses to upgrade from v6 and performance takes a big hit! The only DML is a single table select/update through an unique key... Does anyone had this experience and is there any workaround this?

Many Thanks

Answers

• Gaz in Oz
    Gaz in Oz Member Posts: 3,778 Bronze Crown
    edited Apr 15, 2018 2:40AM
    Cldr wrote:Hello Community,I've been trying to find a solution for my issue to no avail. Currently in a project i'm at, the bridge from 10g to v6 is made with a dblink through 8i, Client refuses to upgrade from v6 and performance takes a big hit! The only DML is a single table select/update through an unique key... Does anyone had this experience and is there any workaround this?Many Thanks

Sure. Here's one way, cutting out the need for an intermediary (8i) database:

Export the data into a csv file from the source database.

Import the csv file in the destination database using sqlldr (or some other tool that is capable or reading csv) and inserting into Oracle.

This may or may not negate the perceived performance issue, depends where/what the issue is.

This discussion has been closed.