• 7,904,904 Comments

Discussions

Error With Stacked Bar Chart

Hammam Samir
Hammam Samir Member Posts: 109 Blue Ribbon
edited Apr 15, 2018 3:19PM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello All,

I'm using Jdev version 12.2.1.2.0

I Have a parent table and a Child Table, in the Parent Table I have 3 transient attribute to calculate the Sum of The Child Table

I got the Sum  using groovy syntax   ChildTable.sum("Attribute")

It works Fine when Running the App module in JPR

I Created a JSF Page and Dropped the VO to the page as a stacked Bar Chart, Choosed The 3 Transient Attribute as Bars and one attribute as Axis,

when I run the Page , i got the following Error

Illegal character in path at index 21: file:/C:/Users/Hammam Delmar/AppData/Roaming/JDeveloper/system12.2.1.2.42.161008.1648/o.j2ee/drs/Application3/ViewControllerWebApp.war/WEB-INF/classes/model/FamilyViewRow.bcs

Reviewing the bcs file, i found no errors  and again it works fine when ruun it in Jpr

Someone Can Help me With That

Thanks

Hammam

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,727 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 9, 2018 3:58AM Answer ✓

Have you tried to open the file in a normal editor?

Sometimes such an editor adds some bytes to the file (UTF-8 bytes) which will then result in such an error.

Or try to move the code into the VO meta data.

Timo

Hammam Samir

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,727 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 9, 2018 3:58AM Answer ✓

Have you tried to open the file in a normal editor?

Sometimes such an editor adds some bytes to the file (UTF-8 bytes) which will then result in such an error.

Or try to move the code into the VO meta data.

Timo

Hammam Samir
  • Hammam Samir
    edited Apr 9, 2018 7:22PM

HI,

Thanks Mr. Timo for your reply,

I opened the File in the notepad, I Saved and replaced the file using the unicode and ANSI , when opened it again in the Jdev editor i really found Some Extra Characters and a space between every character in the file , i replaced the code a gain in the notepad and run the application , but the same error still occur ,

I changed the transient attribute to use vo row implementation java file and it worked , but please for future use, can you advice how to move the Groovy code to the VO meta data?

Thanks for your help

Hammam

• Hammam Samir
    edited Apr 15, 2018 3:18PM

HI,

After Searching the Internet , I found that starting from version 12.2 , All Transient attributes Groovy Expressions will be saved in a separate bcs file to improve the Performance, When adding the code directly to the xml , the framework will ask to locate the bcs file, it's a problem with the Editor as you mentioned, but using an older version will Perform correctly,

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.