Forum Stats

• 3,855,382 Users
  • 2,264,500 Discussions
  • 7,905,981 Comments

Discussions

LOV in a table refreshes the table to the old data.

Okan Sutcuoglu
Okan Sutcuoglu Member Posts: 121 Red Ribbon
edited May 2, 2018 2:32AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello i hava a editable table and 1 column is LOV selection. But when i start to edit columns and select a value from LOV, it restarts the row and all changes goes.How can i fix this. I tried autoSubmit="false" but did not work.

Thank you.

Tagged:
Okan Sutcuoglu

Best Answer

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,777 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 30, 2018 6:28AM

User, tell us your jdev version, please!

How have you impemented the LOV in the table?

Have you written java code for this (then show it).

We need more info...

Timo

• Okan Sutcuoglu
    edited Apr 30, 2018 7:35AM

I am using JDeveloper 12.1.3. No i did not write a Java code i just have an editable table in a page.

I selected attribute as a LOV. Values comes from another view.

I dragged the LOV attribute to the table as a inputComboboxListOfValues.

• RajuChetri
    RajuChetri Member Posts: 504 Blue Ribbon
    edited Apr 30, 2018 8:14AM Answer ✓

is autoSubmit true for inputComboboxListOfValues if yes then we will loose the editable field values when we change LOV value. This behavior can be seen with input text with autosubmit true.

Just make sure to change the changeEventPolicy of table to none and add appropriate partial triggers.

refer the following post.

Andrejus Baranovskis Blog: ADF Editable Table - Recommendation For Data Entry Optimization

Regards,

Raju Chetri.

• Okan Sutcuoglu
    edited Apr 30, 2018 8:24AM

No autoSubmit is false and i cant see changeEventPolicy  attribute for inputComboboxListOfValues or table

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,777 Red Diamond
    edited Apr 30, 2018 8:35AM

The problem I see is that you did not define the LOV in the VO as an accessor. This can cause this behavior. Only if you define the LOV in the VO the model knows about it and handles it.

Timo

• Okan Sutcuoglu
    edited Apr 30, 2018 9:19AM

There is an accessor in VO. I use the same LOV VO for 2 attributes. But there is one accessor. Could this be the problem ?

• Narendra Enamala
    Narendra Enamala Member Posts: 126
    edited May 1, 2018 1:31AM

Hi Okan Sutcuoglu

Can you set changeEventPolicy to None at bindings in a page so that row cannot be refreshed.

pastedImage_2.png

Regards

Naren

Okan SutcuogluOkan Sutcuoglu
  • Daniel7777
    Daniel7777 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 1, 2018 2:38AM

Good evening, instead of use that component in a table it is better to use either inputText or selectOneChoice  and handle the events with the java code in valueChangeListener event.

By me experience I can tell you that the component that you are using in a table can lead you to hair pulling because (inputComboboxListOfValues) in iterations

can cause you troubles at long term when you  need to customize it.

It is better to use that component outside of the table.

• Okan Sutcuoglu
    edited May 2, 2018 2:32AM

Thank you very much. You made me realize changeEventPolicy attribute is in the "Iterator" 's properties. I tried to find it in the table properties. So I made RajuChetri's answer was correct but thank you too

This discussion has been closed.