Forum Stats

• 3,815,220 Users
  • 2,258,979 Discussions
  • 7,893,004 Comments

Discussions

Install Error [DBT-50000] Unable to check for available memory.

SBiedrzycki
SBiedrzycki Member Posts: 5

I'm following up on similar installation troubles from ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error after successful installation of 18 xe where I get the same ORA-12560 error due to missing services after "successful" installation.

Installation completes with the successful screen however the only Oracle service running following installation is OracleOraDB18Home1TNSListener.  I completely uninstalled and tried again with full logging with the same results.  From the logs I noted the DBT-50000 error after finding "SEVERE: Oracle XE Database configuration was not successful. Verify the corresponding logs under cfgtoollogs\dbca and try again" in the MSI log on line 128905.

Installation was performed by running as administrator from my user account which is part of the administrators group.  I had previously tried manually configuring through the provided java apps but ran into the same DBT-50000 error.  Other reading indicated this could be bypassed with a command option for linux installations but I could not find an equivalent work around for Windows although I'm unsure this alone would fix the problem as I'm not sure what else might have been skipped during installation due to this error.  Any guidance on a work around is appreciated.

I've uploaded the install and related error logs:

https://netorg244579-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/sbiedrzycki_akoustis_com/Ec-mcvMHj9hCmKEjVQ9gksYBis0kIbhZ4KwzVudiH…

Stack Trace:

ID: oracle.install.commons.util.exception.AbstractErrorAdvisor:4654

oracle.assistants.common.base.exception.CVUException: [DBT-50000] Unable to check for available memory.

at oracle.assistants.common.lib.CVUHelper.checkAvailableMemory(CVUHelper.java:86)

at oracle.assistants.dbca.validator.extsupport.MemoryMgmtCheck.validateAvailableMemory(MemoryMgmtCheck.java:210)

at oracle.assistants.dbca.validator.MemoryMgmtValidator.validate(MemoryMgmtValidator.java:130)

at oracle.assistants.dbca.validator.ConfigurationParamValidator.validate(ConfigurationParamValidator.java:55)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.validation.ValidationHelper.validateState(ValidationHelper.java:194)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.AbstractFlowExecutor.validate(AbstractFlowExecutor.java:521)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.AbstractFlowExecutor.leaveVertex(AbstractFlowExecutor.java:820)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.AbstractFlowExecutor.transition(AbstractFlowExecutor.java:428)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.AbstractFlowExecutor.nextState(AbstractFlowExecutor.java:354)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.SilentFlowExecutor.execute(SilentFlowExecutor.java:67)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.AbstractFlowExecutor.execute(AbstractFlowExecutor.java:294)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.FlowApplication.executeFlow(FlowApplication.java:161)

at oracle.assistants.common.base.driver.AssistantApplication.executeFlow(AssistantApplication.java:176)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.FlowApplication.run(FlowApplication.java:167)

at oracle.assistants.common.base.driver.AssistantApplication.run(AssistantApplication.java:279)

at oracle.install.commons.util.Application.startup(Application.java:1095)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.FlowApplication.startup(FlowApplication.java:181)

at oracle.install.commons.flow.FlowApplication.startup(FlowApplication.java:198)

at oracle.assistants.common.base.driver.AssistantApplication.startup(AssistantApplication.java:328)

at oracle.assistants.dbca.driver.DBConfigurator.startup(DBConfigurator.java:378)

at oracle.assistants.dbca.driver.DBConfigurator.main(DBConfigurator.java:513)

Thanks,

Steve

clcarterSBiedrzyckiAPerCovaf074c733-219e-4b12-b286-7a4d6bbd87c2

Best Answer

• clcarter
    clcarter Member Posts: 1,406
    edited Apr 5, 2019 2:29PM Answer ✓
    SBiedrzycki wrote:...Is there a way to get access to an older version ...

At Downloads links visiting one of the 11gR2 links brings up the "XE Prior Release Archive" page.

For 10gR2, not so much. That version was pulled when 11gR2 became available, but that was sooo 5 minutes [5 years?] ago

SBiedrzycki

Answers

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,123 Employee
    edited Mar 21, 2019 2:27PM

There's been a few common issues we are seeing, lets make sure you are not hitting them:

1) Is ORACLE_HOME or TNS_ADMIN set in the environment? Go to a command prompt, type "set" and provide the output please so I can look for Oracle related environment variables. We will need to temporarily unset any such environment variables.

2) Are you using Windows 10 Home Edition? It is not supported and the installer is not properly checking for it in the Prerequisite check.

3) Are you using Server 2019? Same issue.

4) On your network adapter that you are using, check (enable) "Client for Microsoft Networks" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks"

5) Try creating a local user and adding to local administrator group and then log in and install as that user.

If any of these work for you, please report back and let me know.

clcarterUser_4G5BU
  • Kai25
    Kai25 Member Posts: 1
    edited Mar 22, 2019 12:12PM

I checked all parameters you mentioned.

1) no environment variables are set

2) Windows 10pro

4) both is enabled

5) using local Administrator and member of all ORA_OraDB18Home1_*

but I still get the error "unable to check available memory" when confirming the memory (Task manager shows 3.4GB memory available)

pastedImage_0.png

Any ideas/recommendations/solutions are appreciated.

• Christian.Shay -Oracle
    edited Mar 22, 2019 1:14PM

Kai,

Please do not "hijack" other customer's threads with "me too" comments. Open new threads, please.

This customer had a "successful" install of XE. But then he was missing OracleServiceXE. Is that is what is happening to you? If not please describe exactly what is happening during and after your install.

If so, I will need your XE installation logs using the following command line parameters:

setup.exe /L*v

Then take the logs from the following two locations:

1) <INSTALL_DIR>\cfgtoollogs\

and

2) %Program Files%\Oracle\Inventory\logs

Zip them up and email them to christian (dot) shay (at) oracle (dot) com

clcarter
  • Suman12345
    Suman12345 Member Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon
    edited Mar 25, 2019 7:17PM

Try the following:

Open CMD (Run as Administrator)

Run database configuration assistant with the following command

dbca -J-Doracle.assistants.dbca.validate.ConfigurationParams=false

let me know if it helps.

SBiedrzyckiclcarter
  • SBiedrzycki
    edited Mar 29, 2019 11:44AM

My situation is the same as Kai25.  There's nothing to change/test that I haven't already tried.

I also tried Suman12345's suggestion but I still get the DBT-50000 error so this doesn't seem to bypass the error the way it does for other cases.

Is there a way to get access to an older version of the express edition that may not be susceptible to this issue?  I only need to get a small development environment running for testing software.

clcarter
  • Christian.Shay -Oracle
    edited Mar 29, 2019 2:25PM

Just to confirm, you went though my list of common issues and are not hitting any of them?

What is the full version of edition of Windows you are using?

I will need your XE installation logs. Please deinstall everything, then run from the command line:

setup.exe /L*v

Then take the logs from the following two locations:

1) <INSTALL_DIR>\cfgtoollogs\

and

2) %Program Files%\Oracle\Inventory\logs

Zip them up and email them to christian (dot) shay (at) oracle (dot) com

clcarterAPerCova
  • SBiedrzycki
    edited Apr 5, 2019 1:58PM

To clarify, yes I went through the list and didn't have luck with them solving the problem for me.  I am on Windows 10 Pro.

I included a link to download my full set of install and error logs in the OP.  Or reposted here:

https://netorg244579-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/sbiedrzycki_akoustis_com/Ec-mcvMHj9hCmKEjVQ9gksYBis0kIbhZ4KwzVudiH…

• clcarter
    clcarter Member Posts: 1,406
    edited Apr 5, 2019 2:29PM Answer ✓
    SBiedrzycki wrote:...Is there a way to get access to an older version ...

At Downloads links visiting one of the 11gR2 links brings up the "XE Prior Release Archive" page.

For 10gR2, not so much. That version was pulled when 11gR2 became available, but that was sooo 5 minutes [5 years?] ago

SBiedrzycki
  • SBiedrzycki
    edited May 15, 2019 10:01AM

Thanks!  I was able to install the older version and test out my code using a small demo environment with it.  I got what I needed from it so I've marked my question answered.

• Erick Herrera
    Erick Herrera Member Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon
    edited Sep 2, 2019 6:01PM

Run as administrator dbca

f074c733-219e-4b12-b286-7a4d6bbd87c2