Forum Stats

• 3,852,332 Users
  • 2,264,093 Discussions
  • 7,905,031 Comments

Discussions

How to get a global application item value from another application?

AllenS.
AllenS. Member Posts: 78 Blue Ribbon
edited Jun 6, 2019 9:18PM in APEX Discussions

Hi,

I have application A where I defined several application items as global. This application also had the login page for all my applications meaning every other applications redirects to this applications login page for authentication. The home page for application A has a branch on page load that redirects to the appropriate application and page for ex: application B page 1.

On my login function, I set session state values for the application A application items. However, trying to get the value from application B doesn't seem to work as it returns a null value unless I define that same application item in application B.

Is there anyway do get the value without defining the item in other applications?

UPDATE:

Even though the item returns null when referencing it through &MY_ITEM. or v('MY_ITEM'), when I click the Session button on the bottom

pastedImage_0.png

and list all Items, the MY_ITEM is shown with a value in the list.

How does this Session window get the value?

Regards,

Allen

Tagged:
fac586

Best Answer

• Scott Wesley
    Scott Wesley Member Posts: 6,260 Gold Crown
    edited May 30, 2019 8:50PM Answer ✓

You need an application item (defined globally) in each application to be able to reference the value.

You will still see the values listed in session state, even if the application doesn't have the item defined, because.. the values are still in session state. It's just a table in the db.

fac586

Answers