• 3,740,436 Users
  • 2,248,255 Discussions
  • 7,861,249 Comments

Discussions

ORACLE XE APEX 19.2 installation problem / ORA-12954

Fischert
Fischert Member Posts: 29
edited Dec 16, 2019 2:59PM in APEX Discussions

During installation/upgrade APEX in ORACLE XE (XEPDB1) iget the following error - after a lot of lines showing OK

pastedImage_0.png

I'm sure there was no error upgrading to 19.1 and I' think I didn't reach the limits of ORACL XE.

Database show the following information:

pastedImage_1.png

Can anybody give me a hint were the point is and a howto solving the problem.

regards

Thorsten

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Fischert
    edited Dec 16, 2019 2:59PM Accepted Answer

After playing around with tablespace parameter APEX script is running nearly untill end

but i got the same error again but later and extending the SYSTEM tablespace is not possible

this is the SYSTEM tablespace definition - I would expext it autoextend untill 1 GB but it stop at 501 MB

pastedImage_0.png

May be the error message are the same oracle can't autoextend because 12 GB limit is reaches - any idear how to shrink or extend SYSTEM tabelespace?

I Think I found the problem some one extended the CDB Tablespace and it seems XE count this tablespace as part of the 12GB limit, taking it offline let me extend the sysem tablespace in PDB.

Thanks for the hint to SYSTEM

tablespace.

Answers

• _AZ_
    _AZ_ Member Posts: 494
    edited Dec 16, 2019 12:12PM

add space to SYSTEM.

double-check you are NOT installing into CDB

• Fischert
    edited Dec 16, 2019 12:50PM

Okay thank,

I checked it and can't add space to SYSTEm with the same ORA message.

How could I check if it is the CDB - if I login into XE (the CDB from my point of view) and run "select * from dba_pdbs;" I got this:

pastedImage_0.png

could you confirm that XEPDB1 is NOT the CDB?

• MatthiasHoys
    MatthiasHoys Member Posts: 369
    edited Dec 16, 2019 2:28PM

Did you execute:

ALTER SESSION SET CONTAINER=XEPDB1;

before starting with the upgrade?

Matthias

• Fischert
    edited Dec 16, 2019 2:59PM Accepted Answer

After playing around with tablespace parameter APEX script is running nearly untill end

but i got the same error again but later and extending the SYSTEM tablespace is not possible

this is the SYSTEM tablespace definition - I would expext it autoextend untill 1 GB but it stop at 501 MB

pastedImage_0.png

May be the error message are the same oracle can't autoextend because 12 GB limit is reaches - any idear how to shrink or extend SYSTEM tabelespace?

I Think I found the problem some one extended the CDB Tablespace and it seems XE count this tablespace as part of the 12GB limit, taking it offline let me extend the sysem tablespace in PDB.

Thanks for the hint to SYSTEM

tablespace.