Forum Stats

• 3,759,064 Users
  • 2,251,495 Discussions
  • 7,870,478 Comments

Discussions

Apex:19.2.0.00.18, Not able to see the table in different schema to create a interactive grid

veejai24
veejai24 Member Posts: 976 Bronze Badge
edited May 28, 2020 12:58PM in APEX Discussions

Hi Team,

I am using 19.2.0.00.18 version of Apex, I want to create an interactive grid on a table, which is an indifferent schema.

But when I try to locate the table, the table is not visible, I could see only the tables available in the current schema.

I have added the required schema using the INTERNAL workplace with admin credentials, but still not able to see the tables belong to the new schema, which I have added.

Any pointers are appreciated !!!

Regards,
BVijay

Sylvain Martel

Answers

• veejai24
    edited May 28, 2020 11:13AM

Additional Information below.

When I run the below query I am able to see both the schema, but when I try to create an interactive grid, I am not able to see the other schema and table.

SELECT APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN.GET_SCHEMAS('PBM_MEDICALRULE_VALIDATOR')

FROM DUAL;

Regards,

BVijay

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,272 Gold Crown
    edited May 28, 2020 12:27PM

I am using 19.2.0.00.18 version of Apex, I want to create an interactive grid on a table, which is an indifferent schema.

But when I try to locate the table, the table is not visible, I could see only the tables available in the current schema.

An application has one parsing schema. Tables in other other schema's, even though they are enabled in the workspace, are not visible in the Apex Builder. I think that is still a miss in Apex.

You can, however, still create queries if you use the schema explicitly:

select * from otherschema.sometable

Another option is to create a view in the parsing schema that is a 1:1 copy of the table in the other schema:

create or replace view sometable as select * from otherschema.sometable

Sylvain Martel
  • Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 742 Silver Trophy
    edited May 28, 2020 12:55PM

I vote for the SQL Query.  Make sure to grant table to the parsing schema of course.

• veejai24
    edited May 28, 2020 12:58PM

Thanks InoL and Sylvain Martel.

I will give it a try with the view, I want to perform CRUD Operation on the table.

Regards,
    BVijay