- 196K All Categories
- 2.1K Data
- 209 Big Data Appliance
- 1.9K Data Science
- 447.4K Databases
- 220.8K General Database Discussions
- 23 Multilingual Engine
- 516 MySQL Community Space
- 463 NoSQL Database
- 7.8K Oracle Database Express Edition (XE)
- 2.9K ORDS, SODA & JSON in the Database
- 469 SQLcl
- 3.9K SQL Developer Data Modeler
- 185.9K SQL & PL/SQL
- 20.9K SQL Developer
- 292.6K Development
- 7 Developer Projects
- 124 Programming Languages
- 289.4K Development Tools
- 95 DevOps
- 3K QA/Testing
- 645.5K Java
- 23 Java Learning Subscription
- 36.9K Database Connectivity
- 150 Java Community Process
- 104 Java 25
- 22.1K Java APIs
- 137.8K Java Development Tools
- 165.3K Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- 15 Java Essentials
- 143 Java 8 Questions
- 85.9K Java Programming
- 79 Java Puzzle Ball
- 65.1K New To Java
- 1.7K Training / Learning / Certification
- 13.8K Java HotSpot Virtual Machine
- 94.2K Java SE
- 13.8K Java Security
- 197 Java User Groups
- 239 LiveLabs
- 35 Workshops
- 10.2K Software
- 6.7K Berkeley DB Family
- 3.5K JHeadstart
- 5.8K Other Languages
- 2.3K Chinese
- 166 Deutsche Oracle Community
- 1.2K Español
- 1.9K Japanese
- 225 Portuguese
Playing Audio - Forms 12c new features
We wish to play an audio that has been recorded when a specific form is launched. This is what we have done:
a) recorded a file and named it as po.mp3
b) gave the file to middleware who then signed it into a jar file (as mentioned in the new features document). These were his words "The file is accessible from /apps/retail/base/12c/icons on the server, or http://srv-fm1:7777/forms/icons/audio.jar"
c) based on the above, I called the file in WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE as :
- PLAY_AUDIO('po.mp3'); This resulted in no luck.
- so tried: PLAY_AUDIO('http://srv-fm1:7777/forms/icons/audio.jar/po.mp3'); Even this resulted in no luck.
Is there anything else that needs to be done that is missing? Please advice.
Thanks in advance!
PS: For a known issue mentioned by Oracle for Forms: 184.108.40.206.0 (which is what we are using)
2.3.9 Oracle Forms does not play Audio Files using URL served by WebLogic Server
Oracle Forms audio functionality does not works if the URL, to obtain an audio files, is served by Oracle WebLogic Server. The audio file will fail to load.
The URL for the audio files must be served by the Oracle HTTP Server. Audio files delivered in JAR file can use URL served by either Oracle WebLogic Server or Oracle HTTP Server.
I checked with my DBA if the above is causing an issue and here was his reply:
We are using weblogic. We run Oracle HTTP Server on top of the WLS_FORMS / WLS_REPORTS managed servers.