• 3,874,160 Users
  • 2,266,675 Discussions
  • 7,911,745 Comments

Discussions

Dell PowerEdge Linux 8.3 Database 19c

Amin Adatia
Amin Adatia Member Posts: 361 Bronze Badge

Hi

I am trying to install Oracle 19c (19.9 Patch applied) on Linux 8.3. When I run dbca and select 4 pdbs with prefix p19 and Container C19; the summary gives zero for PDBS and creates only the Container and the seed PDBs. I then tried the same thing on a laptop and only the first time did I get to see the 4 pdbs as selected. However, while creating the database views I get ORA-03113:end of channel communication error.

Am I missing a patch? I have applied to Oracle 19c

6880880 - version OPatch 19.0.0.0.0

P688P31668882

P31750108 (P31771877 and P31772784)

Regards

Answers

• Amin Adatia

Turned out it was a memory setting issue. Reduced 10 1GB SGA and 300MB PGA and the database got created after a few hours. But no PDBs were created.

Next tried to create the pdbs using DBCA but

[FATAL] [DBT-11502] The instance (C19) is not running on the local node.

CAUSE: A locally running instance is required to perform the selected operation.

ACTION: Specify a locally running database, or execute DBCA on a node where the database instance is running.

So then tried the manual approach sing

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbca '-silent' '-createPluggableDatabase' '-createUserTableSpace' 'true' '-sourceDB' 'C19' '-pdbName' 'P1991' '-createPDBFrom' 'DEFAULT' '-pdbDataFileDestination' '/var/oradata/C19' '-pdbAdminPassword' 'pdbAdmin_Password' '-pdbAdminUserName' 'pdbadmin'

Same Error Message

[FATAL] [DBT-11502] The instance (C19) is not running on the local node.

CAUSE: A locally running instance is required to perform the selected operation.

ACTION: Specify a locally running database, or execute DBCA on a node where the database instance is running.

• Brett Calhoun
    Brett Calhoun Member Posts: 42 Bronze Badge

Amin,

In regards to the DBT-11502 error, I found this via a Google search. Also, did you make sure the instance was running and you can connect to the instance?

[FATAL] [DBT-11502] The instance (CDB2) is not running on the local node.

Check  -sourceDB parameter specifies the instance name is correct. Case-sensitive, if it is capitalized, the need to bring the single quotation marks . Also note that the " source-sink " refers not be cloned database, but to clone the target library .

Thanks,

Brett

• Amin Adatia

Brett

Thanks

I start the database and I can query v$pdbs which has only one pdb PDB$SEED and ORACLE_SID is C19

The script I saw in the Bug Report from Oracle Support has no "source-sink" so I am not sure where it fits in the script.

I will check all the quotations and try again tomorrow

• Amin Adatia

After applying some more updates to Linux I was able to create my PDBs.