• 7,870,526 Comments

Discussions

SIGSEGV on Instantclient 12.2+ (18.5, 19.6) with OCI8-2.2.0

2»

Comments

• Stanislav Studený
    Stanislav Studený Member Posts: 60 Bronze Badge

Hi.

• It doesn't matter, if i set env vars before PHP or inside php script - result is always the same - sigsegv.
    • LD_LIBRARY_PATH is ok and this is also managed by ld config files (/etc/ld.so.conf.d). Also ldd is correct on oci8.so
    • Yes, that's expected and mentioned SQL is intentionally wrong (since X doesn't exists in dual)
    • Do you use the same exact script? (foreach ($bax as $param => &$value) <-- note & before $value

I know, that DB OCI programmable interface have not so much controls due to the nature of this interface, but i would definitely not expect crash of the client - in any way.

Regards,

Stanislav

• Stanislav Studený

The same exact script doesn't sigsegv on 12.1 and older client. And yes, it returns ORA-00904.

Regards,

Stanislav

• Stanislav Studený
    edited Feb 18, 2021 10:54AM

If you want, you can edit and use :

SELECT count(*) FROM dual WHERE (:p_per_id IS NULL OR :p_per_id = :p_per_id) AND :p_right_level_code = 'RA'

this will trigger SIGSEGV and is correct SQL.

• Stanislav Studený

I can also reproduce using php-cli with in-line env vars :

bash-4.4# ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/client ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8 TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/oracle/client/network/admin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/client/lib:/usr/lib:/lib php /www_base/testcase.php

Aborted (core dumped)

(putenv in php testcase script fully commented)

• Christopher Jones-Oracle
    Christopher Jones-Oracle Member Posts: 1,643 Employee

I tried on OL8.

dnf install -y php-xml php-devel php-cli php php-mbstring php-gd php-common php-pear php-json php-process

dnf install -y oracle-instantclient-release-el8

dnf install -y oracle-instantclient-basic oracle-instantclient-devel

echo "instantclient,/usr/lib/oracle/21/client64/lib" | pecl install oci8-2.2.0

Created the oci8 config file, as shown:

# cat /etc/php.d/99-oci8.ini 

extension=oci8.so

oci8.connection_class=W3POOL

;oci8.events=on

oci8.statement_cache_size = 250

oci8.persistent_timeout = 3600

oci8.ping_interval = 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used the script:

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

ini_set('display_errors', 'On');

$connection = oci_connect('cj', 'cj', 'mdt/orclpdb1:pooled', 'AL32UTF8');

$per_id = null;

$sql = "SELECT count(*) FROM dual WHERE (:p_per_id IS NULL OR :p_per_id = :p_per_id) AND :p_right_level_code = 'RA'";

$bax = array(

'p_per_id' => $per_id

,'p_right_level_code' => 'RA'

);

if ($connection === false) {

$m = oci_error($connection);

trigger_error('Could not connect to database: '. $m['message'], E_USER_ERROR);

}

$ociStatement = oci_parse($connection, $sql);

if ($ociStatement === false) {

$m = oci_error($connection);

trigger_error('Could not parse statement: '. $m['message'], E_USER_ERROR);

}

foreach ($bax as $param => &$value) {

if (!oci_bind_by_name($ociStatement, $param, $value, -1, SQLT_CHR )) {

$m = oci_error($ociStatement);

trigger_error('Could not bind a parameter: '. $m['message'], E_USER_ERROR);

}

}

if (!oci_execute($ociStatement, OCI_NO_AUTO_COMMIT)) {

$m = oci_error($ociStatement);

trigger_error('Could not execute statement: '. $m['message'], E_USER_ERROR);

}

oci_fetch_all($ociStatement, $r);

var_dump($r);

print("End\n")

?>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran the script:

php t.php

array(1) {

["COUNT(*)"]=>

array(1) {

[0]=>

string(1) "1"

}

}

End

I tried both a 19.3 DB and a 21c DB.

At this stage, you need to continue working on it. You need to share enough info about your environment so I can spot what is going on. (E.g. to check that you don't have ORACLE_HOME set when you are using Instant Client). You have to 'prove' it to me by showing me.

At the same time, work on the test script and triple-check any possible weak point even if you 'know' it is not a problem: eliminate DRCP. Unroll the bind loop to eliminate the reference use; change the bind to let the type default; see if it is an issue with repeated use of the bind name, etc. etc.