Forum Stats

• 3,726,972 Users
  • 2,245,299 Discussions
  • 7,852,513 Comments

Discussions

INST-07408: Unable to install a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine when installing Forms 11gR2

SebaVasta
SebaVasta Member Posts: 29 Red Ribbon

I joined this new company and is in the process of installing SW in my machine. My machine is a Windows 10 64 bit OS.

(1.) I first install Weblogic server they gave me. The exe I had to run was wls1034_win32.exe. I was able to successfully install this.

(2.) Then I go on to install 11g r2 forms & reports. I am given the installation in 2 directories ofm_frmrpts_win_11.1.2.2.0_64_disk1_1of2 and 2of2. I copy the DISK1 to DISK5 into one directory and in run the DISK1/setup.exe.

(3.) Here The Physical Memory check passes. But the Operating System Certification check fails. The error I get is "The overall result of this check is: Not executed <<<<".

(4.) Senior developer then tells me it's OK just press Continue button. I do that. Then I get a warning "An Application Server must already be installed". I press Next.

(5.) Then I get this error: "INST-07408: Unable to install or configure the product on a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine".

(6.) I go to command prompt to find java version and I get this:

C:\>java -version

java version "1.8.0_66"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b18)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.66-b18, mixed mode)

(7.) I go to Weblogic directory C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\common\bin and look at the commEnv.sh file and it has these lines:

# Setup SUN_ARCH_DATA_MODEL

SUN_ARCH_DATA_MODEL="32"

#JAVA_USE_64BIT, true if JVM uses 64 bit operations

JAVA_USE_64BIT=false

Can anybody tell me what's going on here?

Looks like other developers who installed their software last year did not encounter this issue.

Any help to resolve this would be highly appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers