Forum Stats

• 3,750,233 Users
  • 2,250,137 Discussions
  • 7,866,845 Comments

Discussions

ORA-29013: SSL MAC verification failure

I'm trying to call a REST endpoint from the database. It is https and I've configured a wallet for such, and it works for many servers, but not one particular, I get ORA-29013: SSL MAC verification failure, but not 100% of the calls. Suddenly it works and then fails again. When searching for that error message, it says I have to open a SR, which I've done. But after over a week, I have still no soultion. So - is there other who have got this error and found a reason and a soultion for it?

Version 19.8, StandardEdtion, Windows 2016 server

Janis

Answers

• Janis
    Janis Member Posts: 10 Blue Ribbon

we have the same problem, any ideas?

Paul Jorstad
  • User_JCR61
    User_JCR61 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

We have the EXACT same issue as described by Paul in his original post only that our SR has been going for weeks with no solution. Our database is 19.3.EE on Win 2016, we have tested it on a 19.9 database, same issue. We have tested this issue in 11.2.0.4 (Win 2008 R2) and 12.1.0.2 (Win 2012 R2) both EE databases and it works all the time. The 12.1 DB where it works is in Azure and so is the 19.3 and 19.9 where we are having the issue. The 11.2 is on-prem. Oracle in the SR says they cannot reproduce the issue on their side but they have zoomed into ours and can see our issue and have reviewed tons of logs that we have uploaded. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!!

Paul JorstadJanis
  • striv
    striv Member Posts: 11 Red Ribbon

We have the same problem when getting a "large" response (>5mb) from a REST.

Janis
  • Janis

to me it seems like some windows pathes are guilty, we had found some win 2012 r2 which works and other where more security patches applied dont for some requests and as well problems with windows 2019 server, if some one have some ideas would really appriciate.

Best regards

• Paul Jorstad
    Paul Jorstad Member Posts: 67 Blue Ribbon
    • Oracle SE 18c on Windows Server 2016 Standard - no problems
    • Oracle SE 19c on Windows Server 2016 Standard - MAC validation failure
  • Janis

some one have any updates on issue? thanks

• Paul Jorstad

Janis, have you opened a SR at Oracle? We have, but it has run for over a month now at severity 2, and the progress is really weak. But I'll post the result here.

• user8602157
    user8602157 Member Posts: 6 Bronze Badge

We also have an open SR with Oracle which is very similar to the problem described. The problem starts to happen when the response is greater than 32KB, if it is smaller than this then there is no problem.

We have no problem on Oracle 11.2.0.4 but do on Oracle 19 on Windows and it doesn't matter if it is Windows 2012 R2 or 2016. We haven't tested other 12 series databases. It also doesn't seem to mater if it is SE2 or Enterprise. This is all on premise so not using cloud.

We think we have tracked the problem down to the database build process. If you upgrade a 11.2 database to 19 then there doesn't seem to be a problem. However a new clean build of the 19 causes the problem. Another observation is on systems with the problem the amount of corruption alternates between a lot and not very much. We have a simple test code which the first time you run it gets a lot of corruption, run it a second time and there is still corruption there but it's only a few odd bytes. Then run it a third time and the corruption is like the first time and it alternates like this.

There is also someone describing the same sort of problem here Oracle 19C - Corrupt webservice response / corrupt file download - Stack Overflow

Paul Jorstad
  • Paul Jorstad

Thank you user8602157 for input. This thread was actually for the "MAC validation failure", but it might be relevant as well. Because there are something fishy with utl_http over https. I have another SR running for the problem you have. So maybe they are related. We are on version 19.2 now, but will soon upgrade to 19.8. Thanks for the link to the Stack Overflow article as well, highly relevant. Keep us posted :-)

• user8602157
    user8602157 Member Posts: 6 Bronze Badge

With our issue we also sometimes get the "MAC validation failure" as well depending upon how we make the call but our main problem is the corruption. I should have also said we never get the problem when using http.

Paul Jorstad