Forum Stats

• 3,758,589 Users
  • 2,251,415 Discussions
  • 7,870,256 Comments

Discussions

FRM-40735 Error

buggleboy007
buggleboy007 Member Posts: 280 Bronze Badge

I am noticing the following error message when I run my Forms application. There was another error with the same message (partial: FRM-40735; KEY-NEXT Item trigger) which I fixed and I see this one now. Unable to know from where it is firing.

Could anyone tell me what this means. ORA-00600 means that it's an internal Oracle error and should we need to talk to Oracle Support for this?

Best Answer

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,848 Employee
    Accepted Answer

ORA-0600 is a critical failure in the database, not Forms. So something you are calling from Forms is not making the DB happy. Yes, contacting Support is a good idea. However, if they are doing things right, their first suggestion will be to ensure you are running the latest version of both Forms and the DB. If you are not, I strongly recommend you patch to the latest versions before contacting them. It is certainly possible that if the issue you are seeing was a defect it may be fixed in the latest update of either Forms, the DB or both.

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,848 Employee
    Accepted Answer

ORA-0600 is a critical failure in the database, not Forms. So something you are calling from Forms is not making the DB happy. Yes, contacting Support is a good idea. However, if they are doing things right, their first suggestion will be to ensure you are running the latest version of both Forms and the DB. If you are not, I strongly recommend you patch to the latest versions before contacting them. It is certainly possible that if the issue you are seeing was a defect it may be fixed in the latest update of either Forms, the DB or both.

• buggleboy007
    buggleboy007 Member Posts: 280 Bronze Badge

Yes, Michael your response is correct. The DB was down since yesterday (besides unable to connect to any application) and when I googled the error I was told that this is a critical error and need to get in touch with Oracle. This morning the DBA confirmed this and fixed the DB part after which the error stopped showing.

Thanks a ton for your prompt response.