Forum Stats

• 3,770,705 Users
  • 2,253,155 Discussions
  • 7,875,553 Comments

Discussions

How to get data on oracle apex interactive report selecting on checkbox

User_3DT4M
User_3DT4M Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

I want to get data when in check the checkbox below I am using oracle apex interactive report data comes from data base.

It is working when I checked the checkbox and then click save button. But I want that its show data in interactive report when I click on checkbox. Can anyone help me how It will work?

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,465 Silver Crown

You could probably create dynamic action that fires on checkbox change event. Set Action to Refresh, Selection Type to Region and select your IR region

• User_3DT4M
    User_3DT4M Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Sir I try but its not working. I write ps/sql code on process when i click on Save button its working but just on checkbox click its not working.

Can you tell me other way?

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,465 Silver Crown

You didn't earlier mention anything about PL/SQL process. I don't have any clue what that PL/SQL process does, I can't see your application or your database objects. Also "not working" is quite wide description of problem.

• Richard Legge
    Richard Legge Member Posts: 505 Silver Badge
    edited May 7, 2021 10:35AM

If you want the report to refresh on click of the value of the checkbox, then as jariola says, add a refresh dynamic action on the checkbox.

You will need to add the checkbox item into the "Page Items to Submit" attribute under the query on the report. Then the query needs to reference the checkbox. i.e.

select ...
    from ..
    where xxx = :P1_CHKBOX

The tricky bit is how you form the query to match the checkbox values. if you example you have a single checkbox with multiple values, if you select more than one value, it will concatenate them. for example, if the values on your checkbox are:

STATIC:Private;Private,Commercial;Commercial

selecting either one of the checkbox values will bring back Either Private or commercial, but if both check boxes are selected the value of the checkbox item will be Private:Commercial This clearly will then bring nothing back on your query. If you only ever want to select one checkbox at a time, then use a radio group item instead. If you want to have multiple values returned by selecting multiple checkboxes, then it gets tricky. You will either need multiple checkbox items for each value, and form the query accordingly, or use a single checkbox with multiple values, and use string/plsql function to turn the colon delimited string into an "in" clause on your query.

Start by just getting a single value on a single checkbox to refresh your report correctly.