• 7,867,355 Comments

Discussions

Question about badges

13»

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 19,875 Red Diamond

#IMAGE_PREFIX#themes/theme_42/1.6/

That's the latest version from 20.2 so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. My demo was initially developed in 20.2/1.6 and still works in 21.1/21.1.

This will require debugging using the browser developer tools to determine what's going on in CSS. If you or someone else on site is not able to do that then again all I can suggest is reproducing it on apex.oracle.com. Create a reduced test case locally, upload it to apex.oracle.com, and see if the problem is still there...

• Javier P
    Javier P Member Posts: 784 Bronze Badge

In Apex.oracle.com there is version #IMAGE_PREFIX#themes/theme_42/21.1/

Should I upgrade?

• fac586

I wouldn't consider this as cause for making a hasty and unplanned upgrade. It has been shown to work in APEX 20.2/UT 1.6.

I don't see any problems in the information provided—but I can't debug screenshots.

Can you reproduce this locally in a simple test app? If so, share that on apex.oracle.com.

• Javier P

Hi,

I will try to reproduce it but I don't know if am going to be able since it working in the app you worked and I would need to everything in order to see if the problem is reproduced..

Am just trying to reproduce what you already did in apex.oracle.com

I may be missing something with the colors so am going to check again everything and let you know if am able to reproduce the same problem there.

Thanks for your help!

• Javier P

Hi fac586,

I can give you access to the app so you can take a look.

Can I send it to your email?

Thanks

• fac586
  • fac586

Appears to be another bug, although I can't find any reference to what seems to be an obvious problem (if you have access to the generated page source code!)

The HTML being generated for the cards looks like this:

<li class="a-CardView-item" data-id="1" data-rownum="1">
      <div class="a-CardView has-title has-subtitleu-color-12">
        <div class="a-CardView-header">
          <div class="a-CardView-headerBody">
            <h3><i class="u-pullRight fa fa-4x fa-file-clock" aria-hidden="true"></i>1000</h3>
            <h4>Pólizas Vigentes</h4>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
    </li>

Notice that in line 2 there is no space between the has-subtitle and u-color-12 class names, as is required.

The Cards region template is odd in that it does not allow developers to modify the HTML used to structure its contents, so we cannot fix this there. There is however a simple workaround: include a leading space in the value of the card_class column in the source query:

select
        'Pólizas Vigentes' metric,
        '1000' quantity,
        'fa-file-clock' icon,
        ' u-color-12' card_class /* color modifiers: leading space required to fix Cards templating bug */
    from dual

jariola
  • Javier P

Thanks a lot for your help and time.

There was no way I can find that bug so I really appreciate your help!

Thanks!!!