Forum Stats

• 3,855,060 Users
  • 2,264,457 Discussions
  • 7,905,884 Comments

Discussions

Dynamic Region Popup Train Task Flow refresh problem

MaximusDecimus
MaximusDecimus Member Posts: 130 Blue Ribbon

Hi. I'm using JDeveloper 11g (11.1.2.4.0).

I have a JSF page that presents a popup containing a Dynamic Region, and the Region runs a Task Flow that is configured with train stops.

One of the Train Stops displays the detail (of a master-detail view object relationship). Initial activities insert a row into the master View object, display a page to enter the master details, then the next activity inserts an initial row into the detail view object. 

The next page fragment displays a read-only table and an editable form to insert rows into the detail view object row set.

The problem I have is on invoking the Popup for the first time in a session, when a third row is added to the detail view object, the page loses currency in the table and the form is no longer editable. 

Attempting to add more rows or navigating to displayed rows in the read-only table results in log messages like:

<FacesCtrlHierBinding$FacesModel> <makeCurrent> ADFv: No row found for rowKey: [oracle.jbo.Key[427858 ]].

Where the reported row key is not in the expected rowset for the master or detail view object(s).

If the popup is dismissed, and re-invoked, this behaviour does not occur again and the form / table behaves as expected.

The calling popup is configured as lazyUncached content delivery with deferred child creation. The region binding is refreshed conditionally via a request scope variable and activated conditionally via a view scope variable.

Can anybody help me please. It would appear that the detail view object is being refreshed unexpectedly, but I don't know why or how to overcome it.

Thanks.

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,773 Red Diamond

I recommend that you try this in 12.2.1.4 to see if you hit a problem in your version.

From your description we can only do some wild guesses, like changing the content delivery to immediate.

Timo

• MaximusDecimus

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I tried a similar task flow in 12.2.1.4 - this one uses the a read-only table and editable form to maintain the detail rows. I got the same issue when the task flow Data Control Scope was set to Isolated. Again, this only manifested on the first invocation of the task flow.

When I change the scope to Shared, it functions as expected initially and subsequently.

Any ideas?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,773 Red Diamond

This means that you miss some kind of initialization when you use isolated scope and start the task flow the first time.

The second time the needed init is done and it works.

Timo

• MaximusDecimus

Hi Timo,

Many thanks for the reply.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure what initialization is needed when using isolated scope? The task flow path creates a row in the master and detail view objects before getting to the problematic page fragment.

When the data control frame is created as part of the new transaction for the isolated scope, what else needs to be done to initialize anything?

Thanks again.

• Timo Hahn

I have no idea what is missing. I would need to look at the running app and the code.

Timo

• MaximusDecimus

Hi Timo,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I wouldn't expect you to comment on specifics of the application, my point is why any separate initialization should be needed when I'd expect the framework to initialize the relevant view object on creation of the data control frame?

The page in question has no references to any scoped variables, so I'm at a loss as to why the first invocation should be different to subsequent calls? If that is too simplistic a belief, or I'm missing something obvious then please let me know.

Thanks again.

• Timo Hahn

I don't know. Maybe you hit a bug. Who knows?

Anyway, if you really want to know what's going on you'll have to open an SR with support.

Timo

• MaximusDecimus

Hi Timo.

Yes maybe. Thanks for your help anyway.