Forum Stats

• 3,751,474 Users
  • 2,250,366 Discussions
  • 7,867,435 Comments

Discussions

Too many matching records found. Specify additional criteria to limit the number of records

I have a LOV in the UI. Upon clicking it, it shows the values in it. Upon selecting a particular value in that LOV, the following error pops up saying that:

"Too many matching records found. Specify additional criteria to limit the number of records."

This happens only for the first value that I am selecting from the LOV. If I select a different value from the LOV again, this error doesn't appear.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,480 Red Diamond

User, tell us your exact JDev version, please!

You normally get this message if the VO or collection behind the LOV has duplicate entries. If you now select one of the duplicate values you get this error as the e.g. selectOneChoice can only select one.

If you use a VO behind the LOV check if you have selected a primary key in the VO and rewrite your query that it returns unique values.

Timo

• User508065-Oracle
    User508065-Oracle Member Posts: 29 Employee

JDev version is 11.1.1.9.0

Also, the VO behind the LOV has a primary key defined.

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,480 Red Diamond

And the query for the LOV returns unique values?

If yes, do you have a reproducible test case?

Timo

• User508065-Oracle
    User508065-Oracle Member Posts: 29 Employee

Yes, the issue can be reproduced on one of our Fusion env. I think it will be easier to show you via a zoom if possible.

• Timo Hahn

Sorry, this is a public forum and we should keep it this way. Zoom is not an option here as it would not address everybody.

I'm not the only member that might be able to help you solve the problem.

Timo