• 2,259,067 Discussions
  • 7,893,206 Comments

Discussions

Apex Tutorial Sample doesn't seem to produce expected results

PhilMan2
PhilMan2 Member Posts: 380 Bronze Badge
edited Aug 12, 2021 10:29AM in APEX Discussions

Hello,

I'm using Apex 19 on an 18.C database. I followed a tutorial https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/application-express/18/tutorial-mobile-app-create/ . It is a good tutorial but a few things didn't seem to work correctly. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. It was the third tutorial (Improving Navigation https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/application-express/18/tutorial-mobile-app-improve-navigation/#BeforeYouBegin) that seemed to give me trouble. I found two issues:

1) Minor issue. The SQL for the List View on the Home Page seemed to be wrong. It referenced pages 4, 8 and 10 but the directions in the modules 1 and 2 seem to create pages 10, 13 and 16. The corrected SQL (I updated script.txt) seems to enable the List View to navigate to the correct page:

select 'Open Projects' as label,

count(*) as value,

'f?p='||:APP_ID||':10:'||:APP_SESSION||':::' as url

from sample$projects

where completed_date is not null

union all

select 'Upcoming Milestones' as label,

count(*) as value,

'f?p='||:APP_ID||':13:'||:APP_SESSION||':::' as url

from sample$project_milestones

where due_date > sysdate

union all

select

'Incomplete Tasks' as label,

count(*) as value,

'f?p='||:APP_ID||':16:'||:APP_SESSION||':::240' as url

from sample$project_tasks

where nvl(is_complete_yn, 'N') = 'Y'

2) The second problem is a little more tricky to me. The WHERE clauses in that same SQL doesn't seem to actually filter any data. When I arrive at the three individual reports, I see ALL data, as though the three WHERE clauses were not there. When I run an individual SELECT statement in SQL Developer, it filters the data as expected. It doesn't seem to work inside the Mobile App. Is there something special I have to do to enable the WHERE clauses?

3) The count(*) as value function doesn't produce a count for the List View.

Thanks for checking.

Phil

Tagged:

Answers

• PhilMan2
    PhilMan2 Member Posts: 380 Bronze Badge

After looking at the sample again, I figured out how to display the Count(*) on the List View report. The field identified in the report's SQL (VALUE in this case) can be selected for the Supplemental Information Column or the Counter Column on the report definition. That will place the count underneath the label or next to the Expand button. The reports continue to display all rows. The Where clause in the List View does not affect what is displayed in those linked reports.