• 2,252,969 Discussions
  • 7,875,044 Comments

Discussions

IMPDP fails because of ORA-39083 and ORA-00439

UserHJE
UserHJE Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hello everyone,

so I got this dump from a customer to import but I get these error messages:

ORA-39083: Objekttyp TABLESPACE:"DATA_TBLSP" konnte nicht erstellt werden, Fehler:

ORA-00439: Funktion nicht aktiviert: Transparent Data Encryption

I installed the Enterprise Edition and the customer exported the dump without encryption as seen in export log:

ORA-39173: Encrypted data has been stored unencrypted in dump file set.

Do I have to install the Transparent Data Encryption or is there another way to import the dump?

Answers

• Solomon Yakobson
    Solomon Yakobson Member Posts: 18,916 Red Diamond
    edited Sep 22, 2021 6:49PM

Import is trying to create tablespace DATA_TBLSP which in source database has ENCRYPTION USING... while TDE isn't installed on target. So you either install TDE, or if you don't want TDE in target just pre-create tablespace DATA_TBLSP. Then you'll get tablespace already exists and data will be imported into DATA_TBLSP without encryption.

SY.

• UserHJE
    UserHJE Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Thanks for the quick response SY but I already tried that and I forgot to mention we recommend smallfile tablespaces but the customer uses bigfile. So I used this to create the tablespaces:

CREATE SMALLFILE TABLESPACE "BO_DATA_TBLSP";

alter tablespace BO_DATA_TBLSP add datafile size 100M autoextend on next 100M maxsize unlimited;

CREATE SMALLFILE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "BO_TEMP_TBLSP";

CREATE SMALLFILE TABLESPACE "DATA_TBLSP";

alter tablespace DATA_TBLSP add datafile size 100M autoextend on next 100M maxsize unlimited;

And I got the following error:

Fehlerhafte SQL ist:

CREATE BIGFILE TABLESPACE "DATA_TBLSP" DATAFILE '/oracle/QGRP/data1/QGRP/data_tblsp_big.dbf' SIZE 104857600 AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 268435456 MAXSIZE 33554431M LOGGING ONLINE PERMANENT BLOCKSIZE 8192 EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL AUTOALLOCATE ENCRYPTION USING 'AES256' ENCRYPT DEFAULT NOCOMPRESS SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO

ORA-39083: Objekttyp TABLESPACE:"BO_DATA_TBLSP" konnte nicht erstellt werden, Fehler:

ORA-00439: Funktion nicht aktiviert: Transparent Data Encryption

• Solomon Yakobson
    Solomon Yakobson Member Posts: 18,916 Red Diamond
    edited Sep 23, 2021 10:16AM

Interesting. So oracle checks TDE before checking tablespace DATA_TBLSP already exists? Anyway, you pre-created non-TDE smallfile tablespaces with exactly same names as in source database, right? If so add

EXCLUDE=TABLESPACE

to import. And if tablespaces you pre-created have different names use REMAP_TABLESPACE.

SY.

• evgenyg
    evgenyg Member Posts: 337 Bronze Badge

In addition to Solomon's suggestion, I would try to pre-create the table and use dump to load data into an existing table.

Evgeny