Forum Stats

• 3,817,439 Users
  • 2,259,333 Discussions
  • 7,893,774 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Forms First Installation- Error FRM-93618

Mohamed Ali
Mohamed Ali Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon

I am using Oracle 19c - pluggable database and Oracle forms and WebLogic ver. 12.2.1.4.0

It's my first installation so nothing is updated as said here

at first it didn't work at all so I removed java as said here then I reinstalled it as said in the steps

Now I am getting FRM-93618:fatal error reading data from runtime process Contact your system administrator

I am learning forms and reports and I have no prior experience in installing any oracle products.

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,139 Employee

One very helpful tool provided with all Forms installations is a test (or welcome) form. This forms is extremely basic and also exposes the Forms installation version. In cases just like your, attempting to run that form will help to identify if the problem is in your application (form) or your configuration. It's simple to run the form.

http://<server>:<port>/forms/frmservlet?form=test

If that form runs correctly, you can mostly assume the problem is with your module/form.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• Mohamed Ali

it didn't work, it returned the same error, so the problem is with the configuration so where should I start .

my forms.config is

<Location /forms>

SetHandler weblogic-handler 

WebLogicHost localhost

WeblogicPort 9001

</Location>

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,139 Employee

If it truly is a "new" installation, I would recommend dropping and recreating the WLS Domain. Likely you did not do it correctly the first time. Alternatively, you can cleanup the entire installation and reinstall then create a new Domain although I don't think that is necessary.

Troubleshooting this likely would not be difficult, but if you are not familiar with Forms or its server side then it might be a bit more difficult. The steps involved in dropping and replacing the Domain are relatively simple. But again, this is only the case if this is new installation. Doing this on a production environment is not something you'd want to do without an extensive knowledge of the environment so you can easily put it back together.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Mohamed Ali

I tried to drop the database but I got the same error.....

I followed this youtube tutorial to the letter and again the same error

Could Kaspersky Total Security be the reason behind it?

• Mohamed Ali
    edited Oct 24, 2021 11:45PM

I dropped the domain at the first time and did 2 complete installation after that and it is not working, I made sure that java version doesn't get updated after installation and still it I get the same error

it is installed using 
    fmw_12.2.1.4.0_infrastructure.jar
    setup_fmw_12.2.1.4.0_fr_win64.exe
    jdk-8u311-windows-x64.exe
    Kaspersy Total Security is installed as well

and I have JDK17 installed 
    CMD> java -version
    java version "17.0.1" 2021-10-19 LTS
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.1+12-LTS-39)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.1+12-LTS-39, mixed mode, sharing)
    echo %JAVA_HOME%
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_311

The forms result in a blank page, unless I install the X86 jre then I get FRM-93618

I ended up installing oracle 10g db and forms.

If you are trying to run the application from Internet Explorer 11 or if you are using Java Web Start, you need to have Java 8 (32bit) installed.

If I were to guess, you are not properly installing and configuring the software. The Installation Guide can be found here, however I will overview the steps below too.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/developer-tools/forms/12.2.1.4/install-fnr/index.html

1 Install JDK (64-bit) 8u311

If running on MS Windows, be sure to run all the following steps in an elevated Administrator DOS shell. Note that running in an elevated shell is not the same as your user being a member of the Windows "Administrator" group. If you are not familiar with how to do this, refer to the Installation Guide or Contact Microsoft.

2 Install Fusion Middleware Infrastructure 12.2.1.4

3 Install Forms and Reports 12.2.1.4

4 Run Repository Creation Utility (see Install Guide for a list of which templates should be selected). RCU can be found in ORACLE_HOME\oracle_common\bin

5 Run the Configuration Wizard. This can be found in ORACLE_HOME\oracle_common\common\bin

6 Start the Node Manager and Admin Server (in that order) again, be sure to use an elevated shell.

• startNodeManager.cmd
    • startWebLogic.cmd

7 The Forms and/or Reports managed servers can now be started from either the browser (Fusion Middleware Control) or from the command line. http://<server>:7001/em

If you plan to use Oracle Reports, ensure that the Reports managed server is not running then following the instruction in the Reports section of the 12.2.1.3 Installation Guide for post install steps. Specifically refer to Section 2.4.7.1 (Creating Reports Tools Components).

https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12213/formsandreports/install-fnr/installing-and-configuring-oracle-forms-and-reports1.htm#GUID-4BB984E2-52A6-4C62-A735-D160CAC1F653

Michael Ferrante

Oracle