• 3,814,157 Users
  • 2,258,828 Discussions
  • 7,892,595 Comments

Discussions

Pin input field for Apex page?

Geert01
Geert01 Member Posts: 188 Bronze Badge

Hi All,

I have been searching (the plugin-store) for a solution that will allow me to create a page that will allow users to input a pin number, like :

I cannot find one, do you know if such a plugin exists or how to create such a form?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Geert01
    Answer ✓

I have managed to get things working. I have got 5, single character input fields, all on one line. As soon as the user types in a character, the focus jumps to the next field. This works fine!

But when I use a Login Page Type, I cannot manage to get the fields on one row. The fields are rendered below each other and are stretched:

I have tried copying the Login Page template and Login Region templates and making some changes, but I just cannot find what is causing this 'one field per row' display.

Any clues?

Answers

• Mike Kutz
    Mike Kutz Member Posts: 6,169 Silver Crown

Creating an Item plug-in should be well documented.

That looks like a <table> of 4 Number Item types of size 1 Character.

You'll probably want a Hidden Item that contains all 4 characters concatenated. This Hidden Item would be the value that is used by the DB.

JavaScript code will be needed to achieve that.. And possibly "Move to next field on entry" feature.

• Geert01
    Answer ✓

I have managed to get things working. I have got 5, single character input fields, all on one line. As soon as the user types in a character, the focus jumps to the next field. This works fine!

But when I use a Login Page Type, I cannot manage to get the fields on one row. The fields are rendered below each other and are stretched:

I have tried copying the Login Page template and Login Region templates and making some changes, but I just cannot find what is causing this 'one field per row' display.

Any clues?