• 2,260,823 Discussions
  • 7,897,381 Comments

Discussions

REGEXP_substr in 9i?

2»

Answers

• mathguy
    mathguy Member Posts: 10,539 Blue Diamond

OK, so what you need is to split a comma-separated list into its non-empty tokens. This is what you should be asking about. regexp_substr() is just one way to do that (and not even the most efficient one). Other than using traditional CONNECT BY with INSTR and SUBSTR, if speed is not critical you can look for XML-based solutions (you can find several even on this forum, if you go back far enough).

Other than that, I'll stay out of this, since I don't understand what you are asking. In a later reply (but not in your original question) you show a lot of PL/SQL code that seems wrong, and its being wrong doesn't seem to have much to do with how you split strings into tokens. Good luck!

• User_WWD0C
    User_WWD0C Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon

thank you so much, all of you who contributed to get me to the desire results but unfortunately i'm giving up, i should go for any java solution.

thank you all for your kind support much much appreciated.

• User_H3J7U
    User_H3J7U Member Posts: 1,062 Gold Trophy

You parse the costant string, translate dec into hex, then bin. Why not use the souce value in the bin representation?

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,978 Red Diamond

You're doing new development for QR codes in Oracle 9i? Really?

9i was desupported back in .... let me check... 2007, so 14 years ago. Since then there's been 10g, 11g, 12c, 19c, 20c and now 21c... so 9i is 6 versions out of date.

Really it's time to upgrade the database to something that is supported.