Discussions

Local/Intranet Mail server Configuration ORA error

M.bro
M.bro Member Posts: 131 Blue Ribbon
edited Dec 6, 2021 7:09AM in APEX Discussions

Dear Team,

Oracle Apex Version: 20.1

Oracle DB : 12.1

I am trying to configure and send emails from apex applications like interactive reports send email icons. i trying to send

I checked the apex_mail_queue table mail_send_error: ORA-24250: No supported authentication scheme found. I referred to many blogs but I can't able to successfully send an email.

Please help me to solve the issue. I am sending local mail server not Gmail and offline system internal mail I need to sent (intranet mail only)

Thanks

Best Answer

• Billy Verreynne
    Billy Verreynne Software Engineer Member Posts: 28,877 Red Diamond
    Answer ✓

Run  APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN.VALIDATE_EMAIL_CONFIG.

If this fails, there are, according to Oracle Support Note How to configure the EMAIL Delivery From Apex On-Premises Instance and Troubleshoot the Issues (Doc ID 2794898.1), issues with the SMTP instance parameters, missing Network ACL, missing SSL certificate in Oracle Wallet, or a problem on the email server side.

Does your SMTP server use TLS or not? Does your SMTP server require user credentials? Do the ACLs allow access to the SMTP server via IP, hostname, or wildcard, on the correct ports? Etc.

Each and every aspect of talking to a SMTP server needs to be checked and verified as correct.

For example, configuring APEX to use user credentials when the SMTP server does not expect credentials, can trigger the error you're seeing. Or an ACL that allows localhost access only when the SMTP server is on a remote address. Or using TLS without a properly configured wallet. And so on.

Answers

• Joe Upshaw
    Joe Upshaw Member Posts: 976 Silver Badge

The most likely cause is that you are pointed to a mail server that isn't on the same host as your database, i.e. something other than localhost. Because of this, an ACL will be required to allow APEX_MAIL to reach the host that you are specifying in your instance configuration mail settings.

Look in your installation guide for the section entitled Enabling Network Services in Oracle Database 11g or Later for instructions to do this.

-Joe

• M.bro

@Joe Upshaw

Thanks for your reply. I have given the ACL access like 5.6.3 Granting Connect privileges in oracle Database 12c but I still I am facing the same issue.

ORA-24250 No supported authentication schema found.

• Billy Verreynne
    Answer ✓

Run  APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN.VALIDATE_EMAIL_CONFIG.

If this fails, there are, according to Oracle Support Note How to configure the EMAIL Delivery From Apex On-Premises Instance and Troubleshoot the Issues (Doc ID 2794898.1), issues with the SMTP instance parameters, missing Network ACL, missing SSL certificate in Oracle Wallet, or a problem on the email server side.

Does your SMTP server use TLS or not? Does your SMTP server require user credentials? Do the ACLs allow access to the SMTP server via IP, hostname, or wildcard, on the correct ports? Etc.

Each and every aspect of talking to a SMTP server needs to be checked and verified as correct.

For example, configuring APEX to use user credentials when the SMTP server does not expect credentials, can trigger the error you're seeing. Or an ACL that allows localhost access only when the SMTP server is on a remote address. Or using TLS without a properly configured wallet. And so on.

• M.bro
    edited Dec 7, 2021 7:23AM

@Billy Verreynne

thanks for your quick response.

I tried the above steps. I can able to run in sys user  "APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN.VALIDATE_EMAIL_CONFIG." package I will not get any error messages. I can send an email from the below url

https://oracle-base.com/articles/misc/email-from-oracle-plsql

but I tried the interactive report email option it shows still the same error ORA-24250 No supported authentication scheme was found and I used apex_mail. send email package same error.

BEGIN
      send_mail(p_to        => '[email protected]',
                p_from      => '[email protected]',
                p_subject   => 'Test Message',
                p_message   => 'This is a test message.',
                p_smtp_host => 'smtp.mycompany.com');
    END;
    /

The above simple procedure, I followed above URL steps, I created and send an email it's working fine but apex_mail.send email not working and interactive report mail options as well not working.

• Billy Verreynne

If it works as SYS, but not as another schema, then it is a privilege issue - likely an ACL problem.

• Joe Upshaw
    Joe Upshaw Member Posts: 976 Silver Badge

Post the contents of:

DBA_NETWORK_ACLS

DBA_NETWORK_ACL_PRIVS

The name of your mail server.

I am still pretty sure that it is an issue with the ACL configuration.