• 3,837,625 Users
  • 2,262,276 Discussions
  • 7,900,331 Comments

Discussions

dvt:pivotTable Table dynamically using Row set

Max Done
Max Done Member Posts: 100 Bronze Badge

Hi Expert ,

I have 2 VO master and details , now i use for each to show the master vo as panel box

now i need to show details VO as pivotTable how can i achieve such if i drag and drop as normal pivot table data shown for the first row in master view

i am using JDeveloper 12.2.1

Comments

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,614 Gold Crown

Create ADF 12cR2 Fusion application.

Create Read only View Object(Custom Query) to get the data for Pivot table and add below query.

Drag & drop created VO to page and select Table/List view -> ADF Pivot table.

Refer blog https://insideclouldworld.wordpress.com/2016/07/17/adf-12cr2-data-visualizations/comment-page-1/

• Max Done

Thanks dvohra21 ,

i know how to add pivot table , but my issue is

lets say i have 2 vo DEPT and EMP DEPT is master of EMP

now in the page i am using FOR EACH to iterate the DEPT vo and show them as Panel Boxes

and i need to show the EMP vo as pivot table the panel box so each panel box shows the employee of the department as pivot table .

hope this clear my answer

Thanks Again

• dvohra21

Master-Detail Data is typically displayed as Tables, Forms, and Trees. But a DVT Pivot table could also be used.

• dvohra21

26.2.3 What You May Need to Know About Using a Graph's Row Selection Listener for Master-Detail Processing

You can use the row selection listener of a graph (which serves as a master view) to enable clicks on a bar, slice, or other graph data element to update the data in another ADF component (which serves as a detail view). For example, a click on a bar that represents sales for a given product in a graph might cause the display of the detailed sales data related to the product in a pivot table.

The following requirements must be met to achieve this master-detail processing declaratively:

1. You must use the same data control to provide data for both views as follows:
      1. Bind the graph as a row set to the parent collection in the data control, for example, DepartmentsView.
      2. Bind the other ADF view (such as a table or pivot table) to the dependent detail collection in the data control, for example EmployeesView.
    2. Select Set the current row for master-detail in the Create <type> Graph dialog to automatically set a value for the clickListener attribute of the graph tag and use the processClick method that is already part of the graph binding.
    3. For example, if the value attribute of the graph tag is value="#{bindings.myGraph.graphModel}", then the clickListener attribute is set to clickListener="#{bindings.myGraph.graphModel.processClick}".
    4. Ensure that the partialTriggers attribute on the parent tag for the detail component is set correctly. It should be set to the ID of the graph component.

You do not have to write Java code for handling clicks on data elements in the graph. The processClick event on the graph binding recognizes click events on data component in a graph and performs the necessary processing.

https://www.appservgrid.com/documentation111/docs/fmw11g1113documentation/web.1111/b31974/graphs_charts.htm#BABHGADE

• Max Done

Thanks dvohra21 ,

thanks for your kind help , i know the above but my issue is different

• dvohra21

First use without Panel Box. If pivot table gets displayed, add Panel Box. The requirement is to add a pivot table within a Panel Box. Is it not?

• Max Done

Hi Dvohra

thanks for you kind support .

Master details is working , my issue is that i add the master vo rows as panel box in the page so the pivot show in all panel boxes data form the first master row .

• dvohra21

Please post some code snippet with pivot table and panel box. May be panel box is not usable with pivot table.

"If layout is desired, a layout component like af:panelGroupLayout can be used instead."

https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12213/adf/develop-faces/using-pivot-table-components.htm#ADFUI12474