Forum Stats

• 3,836,888 Users
  • 2,262,203 Discussions
  • 7,900,133 Comments

Discussions

Page Export from one workspace to another

I have three environments currently Dev, Test, Preproduction (UAT). I'm able to export and import freely entire applications up the deployment chain but get error when trying to move a single page export from one environment to another. This seems like a limitation to this developer, as there are cases and situations where I want to only deploy a single page up the environment stack.

Comments

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,978 Gold Crown

I guess you made a mistake when creating the test and production workspaces. You shouldn't create a new workspace for test and production. Instead, export your development workspace and import it in test and production. That way you keep the unique id's the same in all environments.

You can export and import whole applications in another workspace, because an offset is used when importing an application to generate the new id's. That won't work with a single page.

• CountOfMonteChristo
    CountOfMonteChristo Member Posts: 14 Red Ribbon
    edited May 24, 2022 5:55PM

Got It thanks, I wasn't the original developer, workspace names are the same, what would be different? Seems like a bad design from the get go, that pages can't be imported into different workspaces. BTW, everything is the same in all environment workspaces. Update Just confirmed that workspaces were not exported/imported to upper environments. Deciding whether to rebuild, I don't want to export entire app just for a simple page update.

• InoL
    InoL Member Posts: 9,978 Gold Crown

workspace names are the same, what would be different?

The workspace ID. When you create a new workspace in APEX Builder, it generates a new ID. When you import an exported workspace, it keeps the ID.