Forum Stats

• 3,836,963 Users
  • 2,262,207 Discussions
  • 7,900,157 Comments

Discussions

Where is the "Sample Database Application" ?

nsuDev
nsuDev Member Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

Hi All,

First post .. just began learning Apex and going through the tutorials here: https://apex.oracle.com/en/learn/tutorials/

The Introduction to Javascript for APEX Developers tutorial requires to install the Sample Database Application from the App Gallery ... but it's not there. I see it referenced in many posts on this forum but it is not in my company installed version (not installed by me), nor my free apex.com account (both are v21.1).

Anyone know where I can find it? I really wanted to do that particular JS tutorial.

Thanks!

jr

Answers

• Praveen2909
    Praveen2909 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

You can find it all the sample datasets under SQL Workshop>>Utilities>>Sample Datasets.

• nsuDev

Thanks for your answer User_1NHML but I am not looking for sample datasets. I am looking for the sample application supposedly found in the apps gallery called "Sample Database Application". It is not there or anywhere that I can find.

• User_MF3EJ
    User_MF3EJ Member Posts: 12 Blue Ribbon

Hi, if you are using apex 21.1, then you find some sample and starter applications on github or here: https://oracle.github.io/apex/#section-starter.

But there are only few apps not the whole gallery like in former versions ( like apex 18.x). You have to download and install the applications via apex appBuilder ( Import-Function).

I am also missing one app ( P-Track), it's a grate pity to see that all this nice starter apps are lost .😥

Anybody a clue to get P-Track for Apex 21.1?

regards

• User_MF3EJ
    User_MF3EJ Member Posts: 12 Blue Ribbon

Good morning,

If you want to use one of the former starter apps (Example P-Track) which is not hosted on GitHub for APEX 21.1,

then you have to install a prior Apex version "Example 18.x" and install your preferred Starter App from this version.

Hint came from Hilary ( thanks for the Hint :-))

regards Udo

• nsuDev

Thanks User_MF3EJ.

Do you know if it is possible to switch to an older version on my free cloud oracle.apex.com account or do i have to download and install the older version locally (to my pc)?

Regards,

jr

• User_2KJ92
    User_2KJ92 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
    edited Jun 21, 2022 10:13AM

The latest documentation for 21.1 directs you to the lab Introduction to JavaScript for APEX Developers. However, the lab requires you to have version 20.2 or lower. The required Sample Database Application used in the lab is not available in 21.1. So there is not currently a lab tutorial possible for anyone using the free cloud one as far as I can see. Seems like either the Sample Database Application should be added back into 21.1+ or the training lab documentation should be updated to use another app as an example that is available.