Forum Stats

• 3,855,318 Users
  • 2,264,499 Discussions
  • 7,905,968 Comments

Discussions

Oracle forms 12c web start connects via SSO

User_NXINN
User_NXINN Member Posts: 10 Red Ribbon

I saw some posts that say that the Java Web Start of Forms 12c does not log into the application via SSO. But via that it has the options below parameter SSO.

<param name="ssoLogoutRedirect" value=""/>

<param name="ssoMode" value="false"/>

<param name="ssoLogout" value="false"/>

Then I was in doubt if it really is possible to connect via SSO

Tagged:

Comments

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,414 Employee

If using Forms 12.2.1.4 you can enable SSO for all configuration types (Embedded, Web Start, and Forms Standalone Launcher).

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• User_NXINN
    User_NXINN Member Posts: 10 Red Ribbon

I understood. How do I do that, because, everything I read says that SSO is initiated by the browser and as web start does not depend on the browser to access, it would not be possible to use SSO. Today our system is in Forms 11 and we are migrating to forms 12 112140. For the time being we put it to run in the old format via browser to revalidate the screens, but as IE11 will be removed from the machines in October, we are already looking to perform the configuration via webstart. But everything I read from 

Oracle documentation points out that you can't use SSO.

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?_afrLoop=201957210477095&parent=SrDetailText&sourceId=3-30057242781&id=2066505.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=1annn14ks_4#aref_section31

Java Web Start (JWS)

This method supports SSO when launched from a browser.*

May be run without a browser from command line (or script).

There is no support for SSO Logout or Java Script Integration (Java Script supported in 12.2.1.3+). See Forms Websocket Java Script Integration (WJSI).

Requires either JDK or Java Plugin (JRE) installation.

Presents application with a native appearance.

To invoke this method from a browser, the URL would be something like this:  http://<HOSTNAME>:port/forms/frmservlet?config=webstart

With that, we are very in doubt if it is really possible or not. I would be very grateful if you could advise if it is really possible and how we should proceed.

Regards

Ronaldo Assaiante

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,414 Employee

Please read my last comment above (and copied again below).

If using Forms 12.2.1.4 you can enable SSO for all configuration types (Embedded, Web Start, and Forms Standalone Launcher).

The only restrictions in making it work are:

1. The call must be made using HTTP or HTTPS.
    2. The application must be requested from a browser. This can be either by entering the URL in the address line or clicking on a properly crafted hyperlink or a URL generated by JS. Starting from a local script/batch file is not supported.
    3. The application must be requested from the system's default browser. If this does not occur, when the Forms application needs to present the Oracle Access Manager logon page, the system's default browser will be launched therefore resulting in the possibility of having multiple browsers open (e.g. Firefox and Edge). In some cases this may cause the SSO processing to not work correctly.
    4. As mentioned in the note you referenced, SSO logout functionality is not supported.

Although not required, it is recommended that you install the latest quarterly Forms patch, as it includes some improvements to Web Start support. It also includes many bug fixes. Details can be found here:

https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/discussion/4494579/oracle-forms-12-2-1-4-patch-availability-news

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM