Forum Stats

• 3,851,977 Users
  • 2,264,055 Discussions
  • 7,904,923 Comments

Discussions

after installing ORDS 22.1 can't access apex

SmithJohn45
SmithJohn45 Member Posts: 697 Silver Badge

Windows 10 based VM, (1) Oracle DB 21c XE, (2) Apex 22.1, (3)Java 11, (4) Apache Tomcat 9 (5) Ords 22.2 (number mentioned are sequence of installations)

checked @thatJeffSmith-Oracle blog and tried to install ORDS 22.2

https://www.thatjeffsmith.com/archive/2022/04/oracle-rest-data-services-version-22-1-read-the-readme/

Apex in: c:\apex

Ords in: c:\ords and config folder: c:\ords\conf

Java in: c:\java

ords path sets in system variables c:\ords\bin

everything installed successfully, during installation of ords using "ords --config c:\ords\config install", there was no error, it means provided credentials was correct and it can create all objects in database (xepdb1)

then copied following contents:

copy c:\ords\ords.war C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps

copy c:\apex\images\* C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\i\

when in browser i entered localhost:8090/ it was fine (to check Tomcat is running) but when enter localhost:8090/ords/ it is showing below error:

is there anything i missed or something am doing wrong? if i did anything wrong, now how i can resolve? please help.

regards

please also check these prompts and my selections (some are selected defaults, just pressed enter key):

Enter a number to select the type of installation
  [1] Install or upgrade ORDS in the database only
  [2] Create or update a database pool and install/upgrade ORDS in the database
  [3] Create or update a database pool only
 Choose [2]: 1

Enter a number to select the database connection type to use
  [1] Basic (host name, port, service name)
  [2] TNS (TNS alias, TNS directory)
  [3] Custom database URL
 Choose [1]: 

Enter the database host name [localhost]:

Enter the database listen port [1521]:

Enter the database service name [orcl]: XEPDB1

Best Answer

• jariola
    jariola Member Posts: 10,848 Gold Crown
    edited Jul 28, 2022 5:42AM Answer ✓

You have entered wrong password and/or user when configuring pool. Or database user you have used (ORDS_PUBLIC_USER) is locked or password is expired.

Check that ORDS_PUBLIC_USER is not locked and make sure you have entered correct password to configuration.

You can change database user password and then set it for pool

ords --config c:\ords\config config secret db.password

Answers