• 3,871,977 Users
  • 2,266,360 Discussions
  • 7,911,017 Comments

Discussions

FRM-93652 Error When Try To Query

User_RKKRH
User_RKKRH Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon

Hello

I'm migrating forms from version 11g to 12.2.1.2, and I'm getting an FRM-93652 error every time I try to run a query on the form,

Queries run fine when the exact value to search for is entered but fail when trying to enter %123% or a value that does not exist

Answers

• Quentin van Heerden
    Quentin van Heerden Member Posts: 13 Blue Ribbon

Have you installed any patches? Looks like there is a few bugs on the base version. it might be worth trying them or upgrading to 12.2.1.3

eg: Patch 25794361: FRM-93652 AFTER PATCH 25766598

User_RKKRH
  • Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,477 Employee

Extending what @Quentin van Heerden said, the latest version is 12.2.1.4. Versions older are no longer recommended. Also note that we are now releasing quarterly patches for the latest Forms version. So if you move to 12.2.1.4, I also recommend installing the latest patch.

Refer to the following for the latest information (and downloads) related to Forms:

https://www.oracle.com/application-development/technologies/forms/forms.html

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

User_RKKRH
  • User_RKKRH
    Thank you
    I followed your recommendations to update to 12.2.1.4 and this time I got the error "frm-1403 ora-01403 no data found"

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,477 Employee

When you reply, please include details. What exactly are you doing when you see this error? Which DB version are you using?

Regarding ORA-01403, this is encouraging. Forms is no longer crashing and your query is returning now data. So now you have a working form and you just need to fix the code that creates the query.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• User_RKKRH
    What exactly are you doing when you see this error?
    -When starting the form

with the previous version of 12.2.1.2, the data was displayed in the same form

What database version are you using?
    - I use database 12.2.0.1.0

The error message (screenshot) suggests that you have you own ON-ERROR trigger and are overriding the Forms default processing. For troubleshooting, I recommend not using that so the complete error as reported by Forms and/or the DB can be seen and understood. To do this, simply rename ON-ERROR to another trigger that you are not using. For example, rename it KEY-HELP.

Once you have more information about the error you may understand why there is this result. Also, if this is happening at startup, look closely at your startup triggers (e.g. PRE-FORM, WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE, etc). Be sure you are not attempting to read/write to objects that are rendered visible at startup. In other words, do not try to read the value of :TEXT_ITEM1 in a PRE-FORM trigger. Since the UI has not been rendered yet, there is a chance that the value may not be set until later in the process, for example in WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE. PRE-FORM should only be used to perform non-UI tasks.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Quentin van Heerden
    Quentin van Heerden Member Posts: 13 Blue Ribbon

I'm glad you managed to get it upgraded.

I think Micheal' reply are spot on why you are getting the error. Adding to that you need to ask the question on what do you do when no data is found. Can you use default value or do you need to prompt the user that none was found and they must try again.

• User_RKKRH

I followed the recommendation to rename the ON-ERROR trigger, and the error message is still the same, the same form with the previous version 12.2.1.2, it showed the data without any problem

You likely did not delete the old FMX file and/or did not generate a new one that included your changes. Understand, that the purpose of this change is not to solve your issue. It is for troubleshooting purposes. The expectation is that a more detailed error message may be presented.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle