• 2,264,139 Discussions
  • 7,905,145 Comments

Discussions

Export to Excel Error - no data found

Sam.K
Sam.K Member Posts: 627
edited Sep 21, 2008 9:45PM in APEX Discussions
Hi All,

I am having a problem with the "export to Excel" link for one of my reports. Athough I have created tens of reports that look same as this one and they all export to excel properly, but this report returns no data " no data found" in the excel report! I have checked almost every element in the report and could not find out the reason why it is exporting no data !

Does any of you have a clue?

Thanks,
Sam K
Tagged:

Answers

• Arie Geller
    Arie Geller Member Posts: 4,186 Gold Trophy
    Hello,

Please check if the following example, from Denes, can help you - http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=31517:117

Regards,
    Arie.
  • Sam.K
    Sam.K Member Posts: 627
    Arie,

I checked that link out , but this is not really what I am looking for. I have created over 100 reports that has the export to excel link and they all work fine EXCEPT this particular report. I tried to compare the properties of this report with other reports and they look same!! I am interested in only knowing if this is possible and knowing the possible reasons behind that.

Thanks,
  • Arie Geller
    Arie Geller Member Posts: 4,186 Gold Trophy
    Hello,

>> I checked that link out , but this is not really what I am looking for

The ‘No Data Found” issue, while exporting to CSV is not a new issue. Denes blogged about it, and in the example he also explain some pre conditions that can lead to this kind of problem. If you’ll search the forum you’ll find many threads on this problem.

If you created so many working reports in the past, and you can’t figure out the problem, you can appreciate the fact that it’s almost impossible to single out the only one that isn’t working, without seeing it at all. Can you recreate the report, with the problem on apex.oracle.com?

Regards,
    Arie.
  • M Tajuddin
    M Tajuddin Member Posts: 505 Bronze Badge
    Hi Sam,
    Does your query return any column in report region?
    Is the table in the same schema?

If you have other reports working fine, it could be a little issue that causing trouble. Did you try eliminate the report and do fresh one again?

Thanks,

Tajuddin
    http://tajuddin.whitepagesbd.com
This discussion has been closed.