• 3,874,333 Users
  • 2,266,724 Discussions
  • 7,911,822 Comments

Discussions

e-Test Issues

674915 Member Posts: 1
edited Dec 19, 2008 7:25AM in QA/Testing
Hi,
Iam using the e-TEST 8.20 version for testing our web based application. Iam facing some issues while palying back the recorded scripts. the errors are like Navigation failed, Times out..etc. The tool is not specifying detalied cause for the error. May be i need to change some settings, i don't know. What i observed was the errors are not the same each and every time you palyback the script. Sometimes one particular button is not clicked and sometimes some textfield failed due to not filling with values. I had used QTP earlier and was able to see the root cause for why the object is failing. May be because of this tool is working on HTTP level recording, i'm not able to see why the script is failing. Please help me if you have any suggestions/ Comments on this. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• A Navigation failed usually occurs because eTester cannot find a object in the page that it needs to interact with in order to progress. For example, it may be that a link is not there or it cannot be located. Look on the page before the Navigation failed error occurs and you can look at the events in the Address Properties node - you may need to use the objects index as the location mechanism.

Jamie
This discussion has been closed.