• 3,872,046 Users
  • 2,266,372 Discussions
  • 7,911,040 Comments

Discussions

Problem at the time of Implementing Text Matching Test Case in OFT

700451 Member Posts: 72
edited May 19, 2009 7:37AM in QA/Testing
hi,
I had add Text Matching Test Case on login of the application for the username and password. and If the Test Case fail on that screen,then it should not allow to go further in the application.
As currently at the time of Playback, it is allowing to go further and in the Result Report it display the case failed.

Answers

• Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    Hi

You can modify Error Recovery attributes in

Options -> Current Script -> Under PlayBack Select Error Recovery

Note the Error Type ,*Remaining Pages* and Remaining Iterations settings that can be modified

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alex
    Actually my ques is that suppose at the time of recording i enter the username as abcd and password as 123.

When the recording is done . I Insert a Text Matching test case for both the username and password where i put the condition for the username that select text should be present as "def" . And the Test Case failed .

So i want to know that if the test case failed on Login. Whether it should be move forward at the time of playback?
  • Alex
    Alex Member Posts: 799
    Hi

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is here, is it that you are expecting a text matching test to pass and it fails ?

Regards

Alex
    hi,
    Yes this also the one case that if the time of recording i enter the username as "abc" then at the time of Inserting Text Matching Test as i enter the same username as "abc" then also the Test Case fails
This discussion has been closed.