Forum Stats

• 3,837,059 Users
  • 2,262,222 Discussions
  • 7,900,194 Comments

Discussions

how to generating the template from apex ?

Subodh-Oracle
Subodh-Oracle Member Posts: 20
edited Sep 29, 2009 7:19PM in APEX Discussions
I have created a quick application that contains names of employees and thier skillset. I am exploring the possibilities of generating a template containing the skills of the individual selected.

In other words, if I have a resume template of "Oracle apps" and I click the individual , His all skills should get amended in this template and resume should be generated automatically.

Any ideas how to accomplish the same?

Is there any similar application out there that generates templates so that I can extract the idea or build on similar lines.
Any pointers would be a great help.

Thanks
Subodh
Tagged:

Answers

• Gussay
    Gussay Member Posts: 221 Bronze Badge
    Subodh,

When you say 'and resume should be generated automatically' do you mean a printout?

If so, you need to look at this link for configuring printing.
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/html/configure_printing.html#01

BI Publisher will allow you to print it out in many forms, but you need the licence for that....
    If you don't want to pay for the licence, you can use Apache FOP (see section 5 in that link).

Hope this is what you are after...

Gus..
    You can reward this reply by marking it as either Helpful or Correct ;-)
  • Hi Gussay,
    First of all, thanks for your input. I was unable to respond to you earlier due to other presssing issues and travel..

I was able to use the information you provided on something else that I have been working. So in a way, the information was helpful.
    However in my oringinal query, actually I am looking to develop apps with employees name and their skillsets. Then I will also standard resume templates built in with no names.

In next step, if users goes in and wants to select individuals with " RAC" and "APPS" skills, all those individuals resume should be automatically prepared from the template. ( the names would get appended in template and each individuals skills would be printed from skills table in PDF format.)

So partly your response has answered question. The first part of selecting individuals and then getting their information appended in templates is somthing I am seeking information on.

Any ideas how to go about it?

Thanks in advance
    Subodh
  • Gussay
    edited Sep 29, 2009 6:40PM
    Tell me if I've got this right...

Do you have a schema with tables full of people, their details and their skills?
    Do you want to be able to select people by their skills and produce a result set, and for each of the people in that result set, produce a PDF with their details?

Is that the question?

Read this tutorial and see if it helps...
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/howtos/howto_master_detail_pdf.html

Gus..
    You can reward this reply by marking it as either Helpful or Correct
    ;-)

Edited by: Gussay on Sep 29, 2009 11:40 PM
  • Hello Gus,

Exactly.. You have got it right.

You have pointed me in right direction. This is very helpful.

Thanks again
    Subodh
  • Gussay
    edited Sep 29, 2009 7:19PM
    No problem,

Please don't forget to mark the answers as helpful/correct... I'm trying to get my 'Journeyman' status!

Gus..
This discussion has been closed.