• 3,853,797 Users
  • 2,264,275 Discussions
  • 7,905,449 Comments

Discussions

JDeveloper 11.1.1.2.0: Re-Triggering Dynamic Default Value For Entity Attr

637883 Member Posts: 104
edited Jan 19, 2010 9:13AM in JDeveloper and ADF
Hi All,

I was playing around with dynamic default values using groovy and it all works great but what I was wondering is if I can trigger the calculation of the default value whenever I want ?
Currently it seems as though the default value is only triggered at the create new row operation.

Here's my use case:
I want a default value to be determined by another value entered on the screen but both fields start off empty when creating a new row. I want the default value to be evaluated after the user enters the first field.

Is there any way to do this easily ?
Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Mark

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,750 Red Diamond
    If you use adf rc as ui technology you can archive this using PPR.
    If you want do do it on the back end only, you can overwrite the setter method of the first field and set the second field accordingly.
    I'm not an groovy expert, so it may be possible with groovy too.

Timo
    edited Jan 19, 2010 9:13AM
    Thanks for your response.
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by adf rc as ui technology.
    I don't think I want to override any setters and getters because I will need this functionality in many places and I would like to reduce the amount of code I use.
    The groovy code executes just fine but the problem is, it only executes when creating a new row. When I change the field it's depending on, the calculated field returns empty.

Mark _
    ... any takers ?
This discussion has been closed.