• 3,827,526 Users
  • 2,260,790 Discussions
  • 7,897,290 Comments

Discussions

Tables used by a procedure in a package

513463 Member Posts: 32
edited Feb 25, 2010 4:37AM in General Database Discussions
Hi Gurus,
I have a package, and a procedure inside that package is accessing some tables and interacting with some other functions lets say...

In general dependencies of tables can be found using user_dependencies view, and I tried the same even for my scenario, but failed.

But if I try to find dependencies for standalone procedure (not embedded into a package), I can find the details.
This is not working for the procedures embedded inside a package.

Please help me if there is any way of knowing those dependencies for my scenario.

Thanks & Regards
RK Veluvali

Edited by: RK Veluvali on Feb 15, 2010 8:34 PM
Tagged:

Answers

• Karthick2003
    Karthick2003 Member Posts: 13,711 Bronze Badge
    In general dependencies of tables can be found using user_dependencies view, and I tried the same even for my scenario, but failed.
    What do you mean by "Failed"? What query did you try? Did you specify the package name or the procedure name?

You must specify the package name. You cant be using the procedure name. Its a local procedure and oracle does not log it into the data dictionary.
    Hi Karthick,
    I tried using the following query.
    select * from dba_objects
    where object_name like <>;

As you specified, if Oracle does not take the local procedures inside a package into its data dictionary, my query could not get any results for the procedure I specified above.

We are about to kickoff for a code optimization and DB normalization, for this we want to know if a procedure has to be changed, what all tables are being used by it, using which we can lay our plan of action.

So please suggest me a way to get dependancies of the procedure, written inside a package, or if it is not possible please give me your suggestions and let me know how we can proceed further.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards
    RK Veluvali
    Hi Gurus,
    Can any one help me...
This discussion has been closed.