Forum Stats

• 3,836,888 Users
  • 2,262,203 Discussions
  • 7,900,133 Comments

Discussions

Applet display issues

840340 Member Posts: 2
edited Feb 17, 2011 1:04PM in Java Applet Development
I developed a swing applet with an embedded jtable. My computer displays the applet just fine...all of the tables display just fine. But, my co-worker's computer only displays some of the tables, while others do not display correctly- the table is very distorted looking- there is no applet error. The tables that work (consistently the same tables) vs. the tables that do not work (also, consistently the same tables) on his machine are very similar....there is no oddball data, column names, etc. in the tables that don't work. What could be causing his display issues? We haven't tested on any other machines yet, but we are stumped! THANKS in advance!
Tagged:

Answers

793415 Member Posts: 7,279 Bronze Badge
    837337 wrote:
    ..What could be causing his display issues?..
    Most likely the code you did not show.
    ..We haven't tested on any other machines yet, but we are stumped! THANKS in advance!
    No worries.
    840340 Member Posts: 2
    I didn't show the code because it's pretty involved. And obviously it's not a code issue if all tables display properly on my computer. Like I said, there are no run-time errors. Some tables just look distorted on my co-worker's machine- the data is there but it appears distorted. So thanks for being a smart ass.

And the reason we haven't tested it on any other machines is because the app is sitting on a development server right now. We are the only machines that can connect to it.

Does anybody have any useful feedback?
    793415 Member Posts: 7,279 Bronze Badge
    837337 wrote:
    ..obviously it's not a code issue if all tables display properly on my computer. ..
    Good point. Tell the end user their computer is broken and to get a new one. ;)
    ..Does anybody have any useful feedback?
    Can you develop a smart question (http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html) and lose about 93% of that attitude? You are not likely to get any 'useful feedback' until you do.
This discussion has been closed.