Forum Stats

• 3,723,788 Users
  • 2,244,617 Discussions
  • 7,850,697 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10g OCP Exam Guide Book - Exercise 35-1. Error?

655665 Member Posts: 35
If this is not the correct thread - apologies, feel free to advise me where to post this.

In this exercise, which involves managing users in a consumer group, I think there are a few missing steps, which should involve adding the OLTP, DSS & BATCH groups to the SYSTEM_PLAN, so that when one of the new users logs in, they are added to the necessary group.

Otherwise, they will just go into the OTHER_GROUPS group, as the system_plan does not know / have any reference to these newly created groups.

Thoughts welcome.

Thanks

bt

Answers

75407 Member Posts: 2,237
    blowtree wrote:
    If this is not the correct thread - apologies, feel free to advise me where to post this.

In this exercise, which involves managing users in a consumer group, I think there are a few missing steps, which should involve adding the OLTP, DSS & BATCH groups to the SYSTEM_PLAN, so that when one of the new users logs in, they are added to the necessary group.

Otherwise, they will just go into the OTHER_GROUPS group, as the system_plan does not know / have any reference to these newly created groups.

Thoughts welcome.

Thanks

bt
    There are two books this could come from Oracle Press or Sybex.

Quite frankly the only thing for you to do is try it out! (Yes I know I should know off the top of my head but I dont). Part of the job of the DBA OCP is learning how to set these things up when there is an ambiguity and you are unsure amd you need to try it out ... it is part of a good certification journey).

Rgds - bigdelboy (somewhat rushed).

You could also check hte publishers web site for errata.
    655665 Member Posts: 35
    This was in the Oracle Press book by Tom Watson.

I did try it out, and managed to fix it by altering the system_plan plan - then it worked. My 'beef' was with such crucial step(s) being omitted is annoying. Although, Errata in books is by no means limited to this book, or Oracle (SQL Server books & exams can be a game of spot the deliberate mistake..)

Rant over - but thanks. Might e-mail the author to let them know & see if I can get a free copy of his next opus (complete with Tippex ;-) )

bt
This discussion has been closed.